Mexican Embassy on Stumpf.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    So this morning Im at the walgreens on stumpf and there is a homedepo on the other side of the elevated westbank expressway.Theres a mob of mexican guys unser the WBE waiting for ppl to pull up in the parkinglot for HD to get work.They have installed a bike rack for the guys to tie there 40 or so bikes up to while they are at work.Its not by a busstop or where anyone would normaly be it is beside the off ramp.While Im looking at the nice bike rack a truck pulls up in the HD parking lot and this mob ran across the road with no regard for the cars coming down the road.I mean ppl driving had to stop to let these mob of guys jaywalk(or run) infront of them.The next day my work is slow Im gonna take the video camara and get a video to postup and show you guys.I wonder if they are gonna put up benches for them.Maybe a union hall where they can get in out of the heat while they are waiting on work.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    .....and all 100% legal, I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Judging by the number of pickup trucks & vans LOADED TO THE GILLS with "guests" traveling Airline Hwy in BR every morning, I'm seriously beginning to question whether or not there are actually any people left IN MEXICO....:confused:

They had better keep an eye on El Presidente after he finishes mooning Congress later on today- he & his wife may try to go on the lam here, themselves....:rofl:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    City of Gretna is currently mulling an ordinace against day laborers. I don't know if that would pass constitutional muster or not, but they ARE aware of the problem.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    My mother had A group of GUESTS put a roof on after Katrina for $6,000 .It looked good .....till the rain started to fall .$4,000 and a different company later.. it was fixed .

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The home depot on stumpf and the lowes on elysian fields are overflowing with illegals.

Somehow the lowes and HD in covington has not a one. EVER.

Probably those damn gringos at the sheriff's office. :D:D

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    The home depot on stumpf and the lowes on elysian fields are overflowing with illegals.

Somehow the lowes and HD in covington has not a one. EVER.

Probably those damn gringos at the sheriff's office. :D:D

The Lowe's in Metry has a ton out there too.

But the HD and Lowe's in Chalmette are Mexican-free!:cool:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    OK, I get the fact that the feds don't want to enforce the immigration laws. I don't like it but that's life, for now anyway.
    What I don't get is why the local PD's aren't taking it on themselves to enforce this. OK, van picks up guy from in front of Lowe's. He does 40 in a 35, misses a turn signal, whatever. Traffic stop, check everyone's ID...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    OK, I get the fact that the feds don't want to enforce the immigration laws. I don't like it but that's life, for now anyway.
    What I don't get is why the local PD's aren't taking it on themselves to enforce this. OK, van picks up guy from in front of Lowe's. He does 40 in a 35, misses a turn signal, whatever. Traffic stop, check everyone's ID...

Dam good question for the LEO element, I think that the LEO's that post here are cool guys, or so it seems to me, so maybe ya'll can answer

How does state and local LE turn over illegals to Feds and is it even possible ?? and do the Feds take them?.....

talking Louisiana here, we know what Arizona is doing

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dam good question for the LEO element, I think that the LEO's that post here are cool guys, or so it seems to me, so maybe ya'll can answer

How does state and local LE turn over illegals to Feds and is it even possible ?? and do the Feds take them?.....

talking Louisiana here, we know what Arizona is doing

The rule is 2 days detainment max before ICE takes them (which rarely happens). There's a lawsuit that was won by an illegal that was held longer.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    OK. Then how about busting the contractors that are hiring the illegals?
    They're not paying payroll taxes, SSI, workers comp, unemployment taxes, etc. Its probably a bit much for local PD to handle, but where is code enforcement or whoever handles those things? Local PD could run the plates for those contractors and turn them over to whoever does those audits. We could make it a bit less attractive to hire those guys!

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    not sure about the technicalities of how ICE handles this, all I can tell you, is my experience with that exact same place when I was with Gretna PD was that they simply had bigger fish to fry.

In reality, while there are safety and tax issues with these Home Depot Deportees, the reality is that ICE is handling bigger issues generally, and the fact is, there are so many of them that if we started calling ICE, they simply would be overwhelmed.

It would be tantamount to trying to write "every single person" that speeds a ticket. It becomes a matter of degrees.

Now, if they commit a serious felony like murder or rape, then normally ICE gets involved.

Problem is that there are so many passport, DL, insurance, etc mills that these people are becoming "illegitimately legitimate", if you know what i mean.

Also, most local LEO are over burdened and do not receive the proper training needed to properly identify and deal with these people.

i hate to say it, but unless something changes, it is a losing battle.

Top Bottom