Michael Bloomberg Persona Non Grata

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    http://www.gunnews.com/michael-bloomberg-persona-non-grata/

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his money are not welcome in Colorado’s next round of recall elections. A couple of months ago two Colorado state senators, John Morse and Angela Giron, were recalled by their constituents because of their support of anti-2nd Amendment legislation. Now Evie Hudak is being targeted for recall. In the first recall election Bloomberg and his organization, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, contributed $350,000 to fight the recall. Their donations were transparent and legal as were the contributions from the NRA.

The problem for Bloomberg and company is that Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, doesn’t want the anti-gun groups getting involved in this recall process. Hickenlooper recently told USA Today that Coloradans, “don’t really like outside organizations meddling in their affairs.” Interestingly enough Hickenlooper never mentioned the NRA or their involvement in the last recall election. It seems as though Hickenlooper is wisely distancing himself from Bloomberg and his cronies. Now, Hickenlooper never specifically mentions Bloomberg, but it is obvious that he is speaking of Bloomberg when he references gun-control advocates.

This recall election has created a thin majority for the Democrats, 18-17, in the state senate. If Hudak is recalled, and that is not a given at this point, then the Republicans will enjoy a majority and Hickenlooper will be out numbered. Hickenlooper’s hope is that Hudak can retain her seat, or at the very least, he keeps the anti-gun political stink off of him for his next election cycle.

The other interesting issue in play here is the fact that the Billionaire anti-constitutionalist, Soda Czar, couldn’t buy this election as he has done in the past. The people of Colorado weren’t swayed by the $350,000 that he spent. I hope that this trend continues throughout the United States. It’s time that the people’s voice is heard, not just the voice of those with money.

I would hope that Bloomberg gets the message; I realize this is a pipe dream, but I have to dream about something. It is high time that Mayor Bloomberg started to worry about the problems in New York City and let the people of Colorado and other states handle their own business. And by problems I don’t mean the size of fountain drinks, I mean poverty, education, crime and illegitimate births. New York City has suffered enough over the past 15 years, they deserve a better Mayor than Bloomberg, and I hope one day they get one.

Don’t fret Mayor Bloomberg, I’m sure somebody out there will be glad to take your political donations. Just stay out of the 2nd Amendment fight—you’re sure to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom