Mickey Shunick's Bike Found

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    With society being what it is today. What the Hell was a young lady doing out on a bicycle at 2AM anyway? The only way I a full grown man would do that is armed. There are far too many twisted people in this world to put yourself in that situation. Hopefully she is found to give the family resolution one way or the other. And other young women learn something from this tragedy. I see no Silver (or Gold) lining in this cloud.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    With society being what it is today. What the Hell was a young lady doing out on a bicycle at 2AM anyway? The only way I a full grown man would do that is armed. There are far too many twisted people in this world to put yourself in that situation. Hopefully she is found to give the family resolution one way or the other. And other young women learn something from this tragedy. I see no Silver (or Gold) lining in this cloud.

My initial thought, exactly.

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette

Unfortunately many students (and faculty) believe the campus and surrounding area to be some sort of crime free-safe zone. I have students routinely leave studio at 2-3 4am and walk/ride their bikes home. People leave offices unlocked, students leave laptops out, cameras and other equipment openly stored in vehicles... and then are amazed when the stuff is stolen. Many still have the idea that Lafayette is a quaint small college town and all the "bad stuff" goes on elsewhere. I am still hopeful for some sort of positive outcome to the situation.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

Amen...

A concealed handgun and a little training and there probably wouldn't be a missing 22 y/o girl right now...

Only thing that gets me, is why did the abductor (if there is one) take the time to take the bike too instead of just grabbing her???

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Amen...

A concealed handgun and a little training and there probably wouldn't be a missing 22 y/o girl right now...

Only thing that gets me, is why did the abductor (if there is one) take the time to take the bike too instead of just grabbing her???

Could have easily been a "you need a ride" situation, put the bike in the back of the truck and KAZAM ..........

Top Bottom