Moles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    So I have a mole problem. They are tearing up my yard. Every day there are more and more trails. Some large enough to trip over, and when it rains, if you step on one, you will sink up to your ankle. I have a mole trap, but it only works if they use the same tunnel over and over. I get up in the morning and look for new tunnels and set the trap. The next day, new trails and no mole in the trap. I have dogs in the yard, so no poison.

Ideas?

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    I have heard of some kind of electronic/electric wire fencing devices/barriers to put up a perimeter in one's yard to keep them out/away. Kind of like an electric fence type of system like is used for livestock. I dont remember the company or if it actually works but, a search on the net might give you some results of info on the system or the companies that may be producing them. Good luck, I hope you get the issue sorted out.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Watch the last 5 minutes of Caddyshack. It'll give you some ideas.

gopher.jpg

There is no problem that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives

Or-a-var Go-feer! :dogkeke:

Last edited:

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Someone recommended castor oil in the holes to me, but never tried it. We used a fumigant coupled with the trap that kills them with some success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So I have a mole problem. They are tearing up my yard. Every day there are more and more trails. Some large enough to trip over, and when it rains, if you step on one, you will sink up to your ankle. I have a mole trap, but it only works if they use the same tunnel over and over. I get up in the morning and look for new tunnels and set the trap. The next day, new trails and no mole in the trap. I have dogs in the yard, so no poison.

Ideas?

I have used Moth Balls in the trails for many years and they work. I also throw a few in my flower bed to keep them out.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife’s uncle was an entomologist (pest control). He told us that the reason we had moles was that there were grub worms. He recommended a spray followed by a broadcast insecticide. A couple of weeks later, the moles were gone. I don’t recall the insecticide names but I suspect a nursery could recommend something. I have no real way to know how it works, just that it worked for us. For all I know, the insecticide killed the moles. I was told it was safe for pets and kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I've never tried this but.....Some old timers pour about a quart of gasoline in the tunnel under the belief the fumes settle to the bottom and suffocate the lil buggers !

Gas cost's to much nowadays !

Carbon monoxide would work better, it's heavier than air. Connect a hose from a car exhaust and stick it in the hole.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Add a couple of Yorkies or Jack Russel Terriers to your family. That should take care of the problem.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Big difference between propane and acetylene Gator.

acetylene has a really wide range of flammability in the hydrocarbon family, like 2.5 to 80% by volume in air. This is super uncommon in HC gases. I remember this from my industrial fire fighting training @ Texas A&M and LSU. Many classes over 29 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom