Momma's, Post baby Abs? Yes they still exist...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Get Your Abs Back After Childbirth

Nikki Fitness | February 11, 2010
    I recently had a "c-section" and thought that I will never have my abs back. However, while planning my next video, "Hard Core Abs," I found that these moves, combined with healthy diet and cardio, can take anyone from C-to-6-pack!Try them now to harden your core and work your arms as well.

abs%20thread%20needle%201.jpg

abs%20thread%20needle2.jpg

1.) Thread the needle: Lie in a side plank on your left elbow and hip, legs extended. Lift the hips off the floor to balance on the elbow and forearm and outside of your left foot (you can also stagger the feet so one is in front of the other for balance). Extend your right arm to the ceiling and then bring it down to the floor and reach it toward the back of your mat, threading the needle underneath your left armpit. Bring right arm back up toward the sky to complete one rep. (Trainers tip: Try not to sink in your left shoulder by keeping the core and left arm strong and dynamic.) Do 15 reps and repeat on the other side. Total of three sets.

2.) Hip Dip: Assume the same starting position as threat the needle – side plank on your left elbow and forearm but with right hand on your right hip. Simply stack feet and lift hips off the floor and then tap the mat with left hip by bringing them back down without collapsing. Tap and lift hips for 15 reps and repeat on the other side. Do three sets.

abs%20weigted%20reach%20oblq%201.jpg

abs%20weigted%20rech%20obq%202.jpg

3. Weighted oblique reach : Lay on your back with a 10-pound weight in your hands. Knees should be bent and feet flat on the floor. Lower the weight behind your head to the floor, and then bring it back up while crunching and twisting the weight to your right side. Repeat from the ground up and then crunch and twist to your left for one rep. Repeat for 15 reps. Do three sets total in your workout. Finish any ab workout with some lower back toning, because the back is an essential part of a hard core. Source

FAQ about Postpartum Fitness.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It sounds good on the surface, but is it really a good idea to live with a woman that can kick your ass? :rofl:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Women like this or an absolute freak of nature.

Erika+Geisen.jpg

As we'll as looking like this "IMO"

ronniecoleman.jpg

Not meaning that in a bad way really :p But they are. Women that strive to have the muscles a female body builder does have to try about 5 times harder than men. They just aren't built to be that way and must work EXTRA hard to get there. It's VERY RARE for a women to even get to that point. So when I say freak of nature that’s what it is kind of, something completely against the natural ability of 99.9% of all women. These women have to devote 6 hours a day to training as compared to 3-4 hours for most body builders. Even male bodybuilders must devote an enormous amount of time to get there. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want to do.

However Women who desire to drop fat and SLIM up should indeed lift light weights. Just properly.
    Read the
    Myths of Women's Weight Training and Female Bodybuilding
    Click Here

Lifting weights = Muscle tone/growth = Muscle - Burns-Fat to stay alive/heal itself.
    Just Cardio will NOT do it.
    Also you can’t target WHERE you want to lose the fat.

My goal this year is single digit body fat by summer. I got about 11% more to go. I strive to be healthy and fit. My ideal picture of what I strive to look like would be similar to this;
    daniel_craig_shirtless.jpg

OR

Guy.jpg

That's an ideal look of fitness IMO.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My mom actually won the 1990 and 1991 Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship sponsored by Gold's Gym. She used to own Ironworx Gym in Gautier, MS. She blew her back out though (cervical spine).

I'll go out on a limb and assume you were a fairly well-behaved kid....:eek3:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    My mom actually won the 1990 and 1991 Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship sponsored by Gold's Gym. She used to own Ironworx Gym in Gautier, MS. She blew her back out though (cervical spine).

Do you remember her workout regime?

I'll bet she looked a lot like that before she got pregnant. It's not like C-sections take your abs away.

C'mon party-pooper, it's as if your wanting to say that if you weren't born that way, don't try. :rolleyes:

The pictures are just showing the exercise movement, the woman in the picture is not the article writer ;)

Last edited:

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    Do you remember her workout regime?

C'mon party-pooper, it's as if your wanting to say that if you weren't born that way, don't try. :rolleyes:
    I meant that more as, don't tell your baby momma that she should look like that anytime after giving birth!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    You will only get "six-pack abs" by lowering your body fat into the single digits.

Simply doing ab workouts will not accomplish this. You need to modify what your eat and drink.
    "Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym"

:)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    How do you meaure your fat %?
    Does your college have some sort of fitness center/gym/sports complex?
    You could ask one of employees about getting measured.
    They might do it on the spot or you might have to set an appointment for a fitness assessment.
    OR
    You can Google "measure body fat"; this will give you a rough estimate of your fat %.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Does your college have some sort of fitness center/gym/sports complex?
    You could ask one of employees about getting measured.
    They might do it on the spot or you might have to set an appointment for a fitness assessment.
    OR
    You can Google "measure body fat"; this will give you a rough estimate of your fat %.

Thanks I will have to check out if UL can do that. I'm sure they can. I just did about 5 different websites and they all said I am between 8-11% body fat.

Top Bottom