Monarch .223

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I was at the Academy in Slidell today and they had this ammo for 4.86ish a box, it was in the blue boxes. Didnt notice how much they had as I was looking for .308 ammo. Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was interested. Which they had for 7something a box.

What are the opinions of this ammo?

Is it brass or steel?

Is is coated?

I opened up a box and it was wrapped up in a brown paper and felt like loose ammo so I didnt unwrap it.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I was at the Academy in Slidell today and they had this ammo for 4.86ish a box, it was in the blue boxes. Didnt notice how much they had as I was looking for .308 ammo. Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was interested. Which they had for 7something a box.

What are the opinions of this ammo?

Is it brass or steel?

Is is coated?

I opened up a box and it was wrapped up in a brown paper and felt like loose ammo so I didnt unwrap it.

I have used both the .223 and the 7.62x39 and say its a good ammo for goofing around.

I've actually had a few AK rounds blow up from the rear of the primer and a few misfires of the .223. Other than that, its the cheapest your going to find local, its FMJ and its Hard point so it doesn't ever jam up.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Both Academy's in BR are @ 7.46

I stopped by Heberts on my lunch hour he had some NEW Remington UMC

200 @ 79.97
    500 @ 229.99

No K cases.

Which I dont get why his 500 is more expensive than the 200 @ price per round. .39 cents vs .45 Better off buying 3x 200 round bricks.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    the monarch blue boxes are steel casings with a laquer coating.... dunno about y'all but i'm not putting steel on steel through my gun.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've shot a few hundred rounds of monarch through my rifle with no ill effects, cheapest ammo i could find just to blow playing around. it doesnt seem to get the rifle dirtier than anything else I've shot.

Top Bottom