More Females Learning to Shoot.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Open carry is legal to a point where carrying is allowed so if it melts your butter then go for it... .. And now since yesterday 1st August in Louisiana as a honorably discharged veteran can carry concealed inside the state of Louisiana but have a CHP for carrying outside of the state borders and for the blankety blank LEO"s who know nothing of the new law taking effect on the 1st August. ........... drill sgt.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Open carry is legal to a point where carrying is allowed so if it melts your butter then go for it... .. And now since yesterday 1st August in Louisiana as a honorably discharged veteran can carry concealed inside the state of Louisiana but have a CHP for carrying outside of the state borders and for the blankety blank LEO"s who know nothing of the new law taking effect on the 1st August. ........... drill sgt.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I took future sister in law to the range last saturday, she wanted to learn to shoot. She is ready to go back! New shooters are good, especially female. I think they are often swayed by the news on guns, unless they know about guns.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Since this thread's about Women (who are sometimes recoil-shy) I'll make a recommendation.

Reducing bullet weight increases velocity and reduces recoil (respectively).
    Lehigh's Xtreme Defense bullet does not rely upon expansion to transfer energy and produce a wound cavity.
    Those XD bullets are also offered in very light-for-caliber weights. In .355" (.380 Auto and 9mm Luger) they're available down to 65 grains.

For .45 Auto (.451") there is a 120 gr. CNC-cut XD bullet and a 135 gr. swaged XD bullet.

Light, fast, top of the line.

For self defense with handguns, hollow-point bullets have long been obsolete.

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    If Hollowpoints were obsolete the LEA's would have ditched their Gold Dot, HST, Critical Duty, Golden Saber, PDX1, long ago.

HPs are still in use and will probably always be produced and used, but "obsolete" in the context of outclassed, beating them at their own game.

Lehigh's FTM bullet technology is only "held back" by the "teaching old dogs new tricks" phenomenon.

I'm just making a recommendation, hoping to spark some research by the Gun Community.

When my Wife obtained her G19 Gen5 I bought her 900 of Lehigh's 90 gr. (swaged) XD bullets.
    That led my father-in-law, who's a handloader and former LEO, to research the bullet as he'd never heard of them.
    He was HIGHLY impressed. He called them "the best of the best".

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Since this thread's about Women (who are sometimes recoil-shy) I'll make a recommendation.

Reducing bullet weight increases velocity and reduces recoil (respectively).
    Lehigh's Xtreme Defense bullet does not rely upon expansion to transfer energy and produce a wound cavity.
    Those XD bullets are also offered in very light-for-caliber weights. In .355" (.380 Auto and 9mm Luger) they're available down to 65 grains.

For .45 Auto (.451") there is a 120 gr. CNC-cut XD bullet and a 135 gr. swaged XD bullet.

Light, fast, top of the line.

For self defense with handguns, hollow-point bullets have long been obsolete.
    Damn I guess I need to throw away all my old obsolete bullets

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Most of the machined bullets I've seen are awesome and have a lot of good benefits. That doesn't mean traditional hollow points/self-defense don't work anymore, or you should throw them away. They will both kill or destroy.

I think what's holding them back (I don't know how it will change anytime soon) is the cost. Currently, It's still paying a much higher costs for a little more performance. Same thing is holding them back with hunting ammunition.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    HPs are still in use and will probably always be produced and used, but "obsolete" in the context of outclassed, beating them at their own game.

Lehigh's FTM bullet technology is only "held back" by the "teaching old dogs new tricks" phenomenon.

I'm just making a recommendation, hoping to spark some research by the Gun Community.

When my Wife obtained her G19 Gen5 I bought her 900 of Lehigh's 90 gr. (swaged) XD bullets.
    That led my father-in-law, who's a handloader and former LEO, to research the bullet as he'd never heard of them.
    He was HIGHLY impressed. He called them "the best of the best".
    You have to ask yourself why this bullet has been around since 2017 and not a single large agency or department has adopted it. Even a basic understanding of fluid dynamics and pistol velocity rounds would make you shake your head at their claims. Not to mention a lighter bullet transfers less kinetic energy than a heavy, them making it lighter and faster is counterproductive to deep tissue penetration by any common sense, even with their cringy fluid dynamics claims.

I watched the video and the comical explanation on the mysterious fluid dynamics causing the ballistics gel (Which I have shot a lot of) to expand. The reason the bullet stopped so short in the second block was because its got so little mass behind it, not some mysterious temporary wound cavity.

Not trying to disrespect a round you seem very vested in, but there is a reason most reviews saw it as an expensive gimmick with a heavy advertising component behind it. I would like to see some actual shootings in live tissue with it, not ballistic gel as their foremost data. Gel is a constant and doesnt present voids or pressure filled spaces to really gauge performance.

Just some thoughts, not meant to rile you up.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    You have to ask yourself why this bullet has been around since 2017 and not a single large agency or department has adopted it. Even a basic understanding of fluid dynamics and pistol velocity rounds would make you shake your head at their claims. Not to mention a lighter bullet transfers less kinetic energy than a heavy, them making it lighter and faster is counterproductive to deep tissue penetration by any common sense, even with their cringy fluid dynamics claims.

I watched the video and the comical explanation on the mysterious fluid dynamics causing the ballistics gel (Which I have shot a lot of) to expand. The reason the bullet stopped so short in the second block was because its got so little mass behind it, not some mysterious temporary wound cavity.

Not trying to disrespect a round you seem very vested in, but there is a reason most reviews saw it as an expensive gimmick with a heavy advertising component behind it. I would like to see some actual shootings in live tissue with it, not ballistic gel as their foremost data. Gel is a constant and doesnt present voids or pressure filled spaces to really gauge performance.

Just some thoughts, not meant to rile you up.
    I agree I will keep my Gold Dot and HST.

Top Bottom