More info on the Paul Gomez class in Thibodeaux

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    From Bill Hickman

I have contacted Paul Gomez and he has agreed to come to Thibodaux for a two day handgun training class. We have tenetivly chosen the weekend of March 7 &8. The cost will be around $300.
    Following is a course description.

The Robust Pistol Manipulation (RPM) course is a two day block of instruction which focuses on developing consistent, non-diagnostic, combative gunhandling skills. This course is designed to instill robust gunhandling, through the use of kinesthetic cues and physical reference points, to enable the student to efficiently manipulate and utilize the weapon regardless of the environment or the shooter's relationship to it. A heavy emphasis is placed on recognizing and understanding the concepts that drive the combative use of the handgun.
    Topics covered include:
    Diagnostics
    The Combative Drawstroke
    Loading/Unloading/Reloading
    Status Check
    Sighting Concepts
    Triggering Concepts
    Non-diagnostic Stoppage Reductions
    Single Hand Drawstroke [right & left]
    Single Hand Reload
    One Hand Slide Manipulation
    One Hand Stoppage Reductions
    Positional Shooting Dynamics
    Equipment Required:
    Cover garment, carry gear [belt, holster, mag pouch], eye & ear protection, minimum two pistol
    magazines, minimum 500rds of ammunition

We need a minimum of 10 students and maximum of 16 to make this class happen. We've already got four signed up. Please let me know if you would like to take this important class.

and payment info:

Jeremy,
    Please make your check out to Pual Gomez for $150. Send it to me, Bill Hickman 242 Meadow View Court, Thibodaux, LA 70301. I will hold the check until the day of the class. At that time I will turn over the checks to Gomez and you will pay the balance to Gomez and a $20 range fee to Southern Shooting Center. If we don't get a minimum of 10 students your check will be returned to you. This is how Gomez wants to do it. Please feel free to call me at 985-633-4827 if you'd like.
    Bill

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I would be interested in taking this class. I would also like my wife to take the class - that is if I can convince her to do it. I assume that this a beginner level class. Do we contact Bill directly to sign up?

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    is there a deadline to have the money in? Im interested.

Call or Email Bill and ask him. ASAP would be the correct answer I'm sure.

I'm trying to get my deposit in for the Awerbuck class before this one since this one will be easier to swing, monetarily speaking.

mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA
    I’m new to the forum and was surprised to see our Gomez training posted. I had intended to offer this training to my previous students only, but due to various reasons, guys working offshore and the Guard doing drill on those days. We’ve got openings. As stated above, make your check for $150 out to Paul Gomez and send it to: Bill Hickman, 242 Meadow View Court, Thibodaux, LA 70301. Paul will receive the remaining $150 balance on the day of the class and the range will be due a $20 range fee. Feel free to call me at 985-633-4827 or e-mail hickmangroup@gmail.com if you’ve got questions.
    Our website tells more about what my family and I are about. In short our #1 mission is introducing non-shooters and especially those who are reluctant and/or fearful to gun safety and marksmanship. www.hickmangrouptraining.com
    I look forward to meeting some of you in March.
    Bill Hickman
    PS: The deadline is 16 students.

Top Bottom