More Legal Issues for Trump.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Average intelligence amongst a jury of our peers is a critique I won't disagree with you about. But "chosen by the democrats" though...that's not how jury selections works. They aren't hand-picked by anyone. If you've ever been called for jury duty, it's roughly the same process. A jury of Donald Trump's peers found the evidence against him worthy of a trial. Nothing more. Nothing less.

jdindadell, I respect your opinion.

There are fundamental differences between how juries work and how grand juries work. In general, grand juries are chosen at random by the court. Someone chosen can provide reasons why they cannot serve but if the reasons are determined to not be valid, they must serve. The grand jury can be challenged if it is believed they were not legally selected. An individual's selection can be challenged only if it is believed they are not eligible to have been selected. So in an area that is predominantly democrat, the grand jury will be predominantly democrat, assuming a truly random selection.

For a federal grand jury, 12 votes are needed from a group of 16-23. With DC being about 28% self reporting as republican, 56% self reporting as democrat, and 18% self reporting as leaning neither way, 17 jurors are needed to have 12 people who aren't republicans. With a full 23 jurors, 13 of them, statistically, would be democrats. So while the whole grand jury may not be chosen by the democrats, there are other ways to help ensure enough democrats are present.

Information is provided to the grand jury by the prosecution. They present whatever they feel is needed. The defense does not participate in the grand jury process. They are not even present. The standard for the grand jury is probable cause, a pretty low bar when all of the evidence comes from one side.

Have you even been involved in the grand jury process, either serving on one or testifying in front of one? A grand jury indictment doesn't mean much. There's a reason it is said that a grand jury can indict a ham sandwich.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Grand jury is one thing I have not been part of. I have been part of state and federal juries including foreman on a federal case. I do understand your point about the statistical probability as well as the indictment not meaning much OTHER than they felt there was enough evidence for the case to move forward. There is no insinuation of guilt from an indictment.

Speaking of ham sandwiches...what time is it?

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Ah ok..I'm with you now. :cool: He's not accused of "questioning". He's accused of actively conspiring with others to overturn it. 4 people have already pled guilty in the Georgia case.
    Trump cant be held responsible for what others plead to. The press always changes the wording of Trumps conversation with Raffsenbooger. If you read a legit transcript of the conversation you will see that its not even close to the translation by the press and the democraps.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Durst
    Top Bottom