WTS: Morgan Dollars/ Peace Dollars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    When did this thread become less about the validity of the OP's sale, and more about mcinfantry's alleged credentials? How does this at all apply to the situation between the buyer and seller?

hell, i dont know. i take it from your posts you are a machinist. i am not. i have to defer to your experience over mine. but im ok admitting you know more about machine work than i do.

your three points were

1) There were absolutely no quantifiable results after digging around the internet that anyone made silver ingots using the name Lyman

2) Lyman is a manufacturer of reloading and lead casting equipment, that specific mold can be seen here:http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/c...-Equipment.pdf

3) His character gives me no reason to grant him the benefit of the doubt after admitting to lying and telling the buyer to "bite me" after agreeing to sell 50 items, and showing up with 41/43 because he sold others after agreeing to sell them to the buyer?

number 1, does not disprove someone, anyone, can use a lyman mould to cast wax, lead, silver, gold, or even jello.

number 2, you DID verify that lyman does indeed make a mould that is of the correct dimension and shape

number 3, 41 coins x $30 is $1230 and 43 x $30 is $1290.

BUT, you did say
    ****'s lead.

That dude is a **** pile.

you were there? you have met him? you verified the lead?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The picture I was going off of doesn't even seem to be his picture, as Speedracer pointed out, so my assessment is moot, other than that I know Nomad knows lead when he sees it. He's not a metallurgical genius, but I know he's been around enough lead that I would think he knows it. Not saying that's conclusive, but I don't doubt him

I'm curious why anyone would take perfectly good, reputable coins, and melt them into a mold made by a company whose name is synonymous with lead casting, though.

As to your points on price, it's moot, both buyer and seller have mentioned they arranged a different price than what was in the original post.

At the least, we know, and it has been confirmed by the seller, that he promised "x" goods at "y" price, and reneged on both of those quantities when met in person, after much thorough communication.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    When did this thread become less about the validity of the OP's sale, and more about mcinfantry's alleged credentials? How does this at all apply to the situation between the buyer and seller?

Don't know, but I'm pretty sure all replies are in violation to the Market Place Rules so with that.

Out here/

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    how do you do that in the field? you have a graduated cylinder and fluid, and a accurate scale? i KNOW none of those can be done by sight. I never saw that done in my fathers shop. so i am curious.

You'd almost have to bring something with you. Apparently there's a big problem with people silver playing lead bars and passing them off as the real deal, so an acid test won't catch them. Both metals are similar enough in density I personally couldn't hold them and say "ya that's Ag/Pb". You could also give them the "ring test", but that requires some background knowledge.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    You'd almost have to bring something with you. Apparently there's a big problem with people silver playing lead bars and passing them off as the real deal, so an acid test won't catch them. Both metals are similar enough in density I personally couldn't hold them and say "ya that's Ag/Pb". You could also give them the "ring test", but that requires some background knowledge.

and the ring test isn't always good either.

the point being is visual and comparitive weight are ******** tests. i cant hold them and tell.

ive cut the bars in half to verify, or simply not taken them if i was suspect. which nomad was suspect and didnt take them.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I offered $1 over spot for a volume deal (all he had)
    Seller specified that silver was $28.30, and so I was offering $29.30 per oz.
    I confirmed.

Seller said 50 or 100. I said either works.
    Asked 3x if it was 50 oz or 50 coins
    He specified coins.

Provided accurate silver content (.77344 oz) and was agreed to.
    I showed up with $1,133.08

As previously stated: seller showed up with 40 coins and after determining I was only interested in silver content tried to pass bars of lead as silver.

Please post pictures of bars of "silver" with Lyman promontory displayed....

Morgan dollars are .85### oz. 26.73 gram coin with 90% silver. Am I missing something or is my math off?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom