Mosin Nagant Scope Mounts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I've spent quite a bit of time looking for a good and simple scope mount for my Mosin Nagant.

I ordered this:
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/reviews...l-mosin-nagant-tri-rail-mount-mnt-mntr01.html

I think it would be nice if we could get a listing of mounts and your thoughts about them. (your review) Product reviews seem hard to come by and we all want the best for less. I would also trust the reviews from this site more as opposed to the seller. Plus the next guy won't have to search for hours.

I ordered this particular one because of customer reviews and I do not want to drill holes etc. I wish to leave as original as possible. I understand from the reviews I probably won't need a purchase a bolt extension either.

Let's help each other and post what you have/want for your Mosin Nagant scope mount so the next person can just look here.

Whatcha think?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I was thinking about turning a sight for sore eyes run of the mill mosin into a "scout rifle". Most of what I have been reading people said that they would buy the mount then do extensive modifications to make it stable and hold zero.

Last edited:

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Refinished the stock, gave all a good cleaning, installed scope mount and fired, all looks good so far. The only "problem" I had was the screws that clamp scope to the rail worked loose after about 20 rounds. My next steps are to put lock tite on those screws( every other one still tight) and redo the trigger. I was hoping to not have to use a "scout" scope but that didn't work out. I bought a pistol scope and installed it.

The trigger feels like it has about 40lbs. pull and 3ft. travel before gun fires.
    I have seen some different things to try or I could buy modified trigger assy. The cost of the trigger assy. is more than I paid for the rifle therefore I'm going to try to work this out without spending much, if anything. I have seen a few articles on how to work this out. Anyone tried to change their trigger pull/travel?

To sum it all up, I'm happy with it so far. I'll post pictures later.

Top Bottom