Motorola Atrix ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Do you like your Iphone? It's a different world on the other side, both better and worse. The I5 is set for release around July FWI.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I played with it and the HTC Inspire 4G. I wanted a Droid for a shop cell to get all the shop stuff off my personal cell. I would honestly take the Inspire over the Atrix. It seemed to have more screen real estate.

I'm connected to the iplatform. I'll never leave it, but wouldn't mind having both ;)

The 5t Gen iPhone is rumored to be released in September (a little later this time) around the same time the new iOS5 platform is launched.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    The guys over at engadget mobile are smitten with the Atrix because of the stability of the Android version that it runs on the Moto frame. But it seems to be Ferrari on a go cart track for now.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    lol, Looks like from all of the advice on here I'm still where I started,lol.

I like my iphone, battery life could be better. I'm just ready for something new.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    battery life on any full touchscreen smartphone will be the downfall, but on android devices you have the option of either purchasing extended batteries or extra batteries. Keep one in your car, briefcase, etc and if your phone dies, pop it in and BAM, full charge. Try that with an iAnything.

Oh and don't forget removable, expandable MicroSD storage

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You know i'm going! the Wife and i are also planning on going to Barber in June for the AMA races and Indy again this year for GP

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Sounds good topgunz, Think i'm going to pull the trigger,lol.

So we going to Austin in 2013?

I would, I swapped my original iPhone for the original Droid when it first came out. Before that the only similar choices were the iPhone and the Blackberry. After I changed I;ve never looked back. Go make a google account to sync with it and it syncs automatically no computer docking and no iTunes needed. You can swap batteries and have infinite storage because it had a micro SD slot. The only thing I can think of to complain about is the placement of the SD card slot. Mine is under the battery, the Motorola SLVR I had the SD slot was on the side of the phone with a rubber plug in it.

Oh and they may not make one for that phone yet, but I got a Sedido rugged case and it's equivalent to the Otterbox.

Last edited:

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I switched from iPhone to the HTC inspire and will never look back. I played with both the inspire and atrix and really preferred the HTC experience over the atrix. Plus the screen is awesome.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Looks like Amazon has the Atrix for $20 cheaper ($129) than the att site ($149).
    Doesn't look like they have the same data plans. I see a 2GB one for $25 and on the att site they have a $30 unlimted. I'll mostly be on WiFi so I guess 2GB will be plenty. I'm going to miss the $15 Iphone plan (but what is $10 now days?).

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    2gb is plenty for a phone unless you have some unusual habits. If you are on wifi at home and have cox, go look at your usage. it's nowhere close mostly, I suspect. We run 2 pcs on wifi and 2 smartphones. 2g is plenty even when we are both home on vacation etc.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Three weeks ago I upgraded to the Atrix, and my wife to the Inspire. The Inspire does have a slightly larger screen (4.0" vs 4.3"). The Atrix however seems to be a lot quicker with different features, it's easy to root, which I recommend to install all the apps. We're both happy with our choices. I got it mainly for the HDMI function, which works without the dock station once it's been modified. The only reason I'm wishing I had waited is ATT's current 4G network, and what all of their phone's support is HSDPA, they'll be switching to LTE in the future and that should make a noticeable speed difference. However right now the 4G network in Lafayette is decent and much more then I need since ATT's data plans are limited to 2GB now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom