MP5 Recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I am in the market for my Christmas gift. I am looking into Mp5 type firearms recommendations.

I am leaning most toward PTR currently due to made in USA and good customer service.

Anyone have any opinions?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Treat yourself. Don't settle for less. No Compromise, right?
    Sweet setup.

That sure would be nice. Outside of my price range though. One day I would like to get into the FA world, but not this year.

I could afford the HK SP5, but I don’t really know that it is worth the price difference between it and the clones.

DiverKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    HK. Don’t settle for a knock off.

2F6BB09E-1B84-44DD-BCD9-6853432DA924.jpeg

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I got the Omega MP5K clone right before the SP5K came out. The Omega is cool and runs perfectly but I wish I would have waited and got the real HK.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    20211022_160908.jpg

I've owned 3 MKE MP5/MP5K clones and you can't beat them for the price. H&K original is always the best, but man these MKEs are made off H&K tooling. The newer ones have much better welds than the old school ones and are zeroed out of the box. Sights are dead on. For less than half the price of an H&K, definitely worth checking out. Not sure about PTR, never owned a PTR.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Sweet setup.

That sure would be nice. Outside of my price range though. One day I would like to get into the FA world, but not this year.

I could afford the HK SP5, but I don’t really know that it is worth the price difference between it and the clones.
    Mine isnt FA. Just a sbr SP5. Just have the clipped and pinned navy lower on her. The SP5 is and will be worth it. It will inherently hold its value. I have had the pleasure of selling and owning plenty. I have also sold plenty of clones at the shop. The fit and finish on the HK is impeccable compared to alot of the clones. No issues at all with mine and it is from the 1st batch to hit US soil.

My co workers PTR needed more than 300 rds just to "break in" and then we found out that his 3 lug was fcuked to hell. It would not allow majority of the common mfg 3 lug mounts to be installed, it would bottom out because they machined the lugs too long and they were close to the front sight. It had to be sent back and rebarreled. His magazine well was also ouf of spec.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Good to know! Thanks, will highly consider HK SP5 s my top option. Just a matter of finding one available!

Merry Christmas!

Top Bottom