MTAC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turpin Ta

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula/Covington
    Ya'll do realize that Turpin Tactical is a stocking Comp-Tac Dealer? The only one in that state, as far as I know.

They stock mostly MTACs...and Wilderness Co belts.

Yes, we are the only Dealer in the State. If anybody needs anything just give us a holler. I am at the shop most afternoons and can meet someone there any other time. We will also be at the Kenner Gun Show this weekend, pass by and say Hello.

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Yes, we are the only Dealer in the State. If anybody needs anything just give us a holler. I am at the shop most afternoons and can meet someone there any other time. We will also be at the Kenner Gun Show this weekend, pass by and say Hello.

Just checked Comp-tac's website. Apparently Arms Merchant in Mandeville is also a dealer. Those are some pretty good guys over there. Maybe Ill have to pass by.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Just checked Comp-tac's website. Apparently Arms Merchant in Mandeville is also a dealer. Those are some pretty good guys over there. Maybe Ill have to pass by.

Are they a dealer or a stocking dealer. I think the point was that Turpin is a stocking dealer.

If the dealer has to order it you might as well go to Comptac direct. They are super nice people.

But Turpin stocks the stuff. I think that's the point. ;)

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Are they a dealer or a stocking dealer. I think the point was that Turpin is a stocking dealer.

If the dealer has to order it you might as well go to Comptac direct. They are super nice people.

But Turpin stocks the stuff. I think that's the point. ;)

No sir, I beleive the point that was previously being made was that they were the ONLY dealer in the state. I am merely clarifying the misinformation being spread about. Don't kill the messenger.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Ya'll do realize that Turpin Tactical is a stocking Comp-Tac Dealer? The only one in that state, as far as I know.

They stock mostly MTACs...and Wilderness Co belts.

No sir, I beleive the point that was previously being made was that they were the ONLY dealer in the state. I am merely clarifying the misinformation being spread about. Don't kill the messenger.

I'm not killing the messenger. Just saying the other place might not have them in stock.

Reading comprehension owns you ;)

Turpin Ta

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula/Covington
    Wow, funny how things change in a matter of days. They must have acquired dealership within the past week. We "were" the only dealer in LA. No worries though:cool:

We are super nice people too :)

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Well Turpin Tactical had a crapload of Comptac holsters and wilderness belts on the table at the Gonzales show. So i'm sure theres a few still in stock. ;)

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I'm not killing the messenger. Just saying the other place might not have them in stock.

Reading comprehension owns you ;)

Oh I comprehend just fine. I am just simply filling you in on what everyone else was talking about. Enough on that though.

Turpin, I'm sure you are extremely nice. I am not sure when arms merchant became a dealer, just shedding light on the situation and giving people options. Guess some people like to be left in the dark... haha.

Jf837

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    It is just my belief that misinformation breeds idiocracy. If you like Turpin, go there. If you like Arms Merchant, go there. Either way you will be getting a quality holster.

Last edited:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Relax, guys. Evidently, there is a new stocking dealer in the state. They must be a very recent addition to Comp-Tac's dealer network.

Jf837, thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Of course, I'd prefer to do business with a site sponsor when that's an option. :)

Top Bottom