Muzzle Brake/Compensators Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Alright guys,

I'm looking for opinions on some muzzle breaks/compensators. I'm looking at the BattleComp 1.5 or the AAC Blackout Muzzle Break.
    If anybody has any experience with these, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Craig

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    If you are not worried about flash at all look into the Miculek Brake. It can be custom tuned and its awesome and affordable, it does not reduce flash though and it sucks to shoot next to one :)

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    It's going on my Daniel Defense M4 with a 14.5' barrel.

Hmmmmm.....something with that much kick would need a JP dual chamber...

images

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    The LP Recoil Eliminator is very effective.
    The Cheely titanium comp is another option, especialy if you want to keep the weight to a minimum.
    I currently use the Miculek brake and don't think there is any other that performs as well for the price.
    Will be trying the Cheely comp soon.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to **** of everyone shooting around you check out the PWS. I have a Vortex that's a great flash hider but the PWS is a better comp. I just got an AAC Blackout but haven't gotten to use it yet.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I've used the Miculek, and yes it works. Blows everything off the shooting bench within 3 feet of right and left of the muzzle too, lol.
    I've become a fan of the Levang linear as of late. No fuss about shims or anything to line it up. Just torque that puppy down. Gasses and noise out the front.
    6y4u3equ.jpg

This one works well too, but much like the Miculek in the way of noise and side blast

ju6a7u4y.jpg

The Levang cost about a third of what I paid for this one... So I bought 3!

Last edited:

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    Between the AAC brake out and the BattleComp, I like my BattleComp more. I have the BC on a 12.5" and the AAC on a 10.5" and the BC seems to shoot flatter, at least in my opinion but it could be due to the barrel length too. Also, the AAC seems louder to everyone around me.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I recently went through the same decision with my 14.5" DD. Since it would be pinned I researched and agonized over which comp to buy. My research did not lead me to an answer, it led me to the realization that I didn't want a fad muzzle device that I would regret in a couple months. I went with a regular ol' DD flash hider.

Comps are nice but far from a necessity. It's a solution looking for a problem. Of all the carbine classes I've taken not once do I recall thinking to myself "man this muzzle is out of control I need a comp"! I can however distincly remember thinking to myself "man I sure do hate shooting next to these assholes with ridiculous muzzle brakes."

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I recently went through the same decision with my 14.5" DD. Since it would be pinned I researched and agonized over which comp to buy. My research did not lead me to an answer, it led me to the realization that I didn't want a fad muzzle device that I would regret in a couple months. I went with a regular ol' DD flash hider.

Comps are nice but far from a necessity. It's a solution looking for a problem. Of all the carbine classes I've taken not once do I recall thinking to myself "man this muzzle is out of control I need a comp"! I can however distincly remember thinking to myself "man I sure do hate shooting next to these assholes with ridiculous muzzle brakes."
    Yea, with anything in an AR15, whether the caliber starts with a 2, 3, 4, or 5 that's been my experience. 110%

Top Bottom