My (Early) Nomination For "Stupidest Police of 2012"...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm curious to the details as well.

I agree with a lot of what Cat is saying on how terms are just tossed around now for what seems to add tv drama to everything. Have you people seen what 17yr old girls look like now? My baby sister is 16, and I've seen the girls that come over when we go visit. Quite a few of them look like they are in their ealry 20's, and act like it as well. When I was in college, we had to regularly kick out 15-17 yr old girls from our fraternity house. They would somehow find out about the parties we were having and show up. We had them sneeking in underage at parties that we had hired SEVERAL police officers for to check I.D.'s and prevent stuff like that from happening. Most of the time we got them before they got into the alcohol too far, but a lot of times they would show up have drunk and TRYING to get laid. If any one of the guys had unwittingly slept with one of these girls, they would have been a rapist, by no fault of their own.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    FWIW: I have a 13 year old daughter. If it should happen one day I end up with a 15+ year old boohooing her heart out because she loves him and they're meant to be together and all of that other Twilight drama crap that girls are peeing their panties over lately... I'd be furious. I'd be livid. I'd want to throttle the guy. And I'd want to see him in front of a judge. But I can tell you, I wouldn't call it rape.

What if said naive 15-year-old is victimized by an adult male with smooth moves who knows all the right things to say? He knows how to toy with her emotions and play on her desire to be more adult/mature to get what he wants. He manipulates her and she will grow up one day to realize that he played her. This will have long-lasting effects and she will doubt every guy who comes along to legitimately date her in the future. Every guy who pays her compliments in an effort to court her will be compared to the slime-ball who took advantage of her. This will cause trust issues for her the rest of her life. In my mind, this is rape... I agree that it's not as brutal as forcible rape and not as sadistic as child molestation, but it is still rape. At that age, she may look and act like an adult, but she still has the mind of a teenager... a CHILD! Any adult who manipulates a child for self-gratification is a total sicko.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom