My first Glock

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Well after a year of carrying and shooting only a SP101 I decided to get a glock. Well I was able to get a G27 from here on BS. My first time shooting it I was getting good groups but low and to the left. Well the transition from revolver to auto wasn't without a few hiccups so I went home and researched all my books, here on BS etc.. and after a couple of dry fires with the PROPER grip and trigger control im happy and very RELIEVED to say I went to Barney's yesterday with 160+ rounds and drilled holes pretty much any where on the target I wanted. I am very happy with it. But....I have 4 magazines for it, I bought 2 new 11rd mags for it and it came with 2 9rds. I had 4 failure to feeds on the last round with the same magazine. All the rest have shot great. I inspected and found that the follower of the "suspect" mag is different from the rest. in the picture the left mag is the odd one out, the right two are the new ones. Any Input?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You need to know the number on the follower of the bad magazine because they do not all interchange. Normally a new spring and follower is all you need. The latest .40 follower is #9 and if yours is #5 or less it is pretty old.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Write a number on all of your mags so you can keep track of which ones are giving you issues. If you have one that is bad throw it away so you don't accidentally mix it in with the good ones.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You need to know the number on the follower of the bad magazine because they do not all interchange. Normally a new spring and follower is all you need. The latest .40 follower is #9 and if yours is #5 or less it is pretty old.

In his pic the bad mag is #5, the rest #9.

Easy fix...

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I get the hint. I will keep that one for range use only. I have it marked so I know. If any of you carry a Glock do you also carry an extra magazine? If so what do you carry it in?

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    I get the hint. I will keep that one for range use only. I have it marked so I know. If any of you carry a Glock do you also carry an extra magazine? If so what do you carry it in?

I don't get to carry as much anymore since I went back into the plants. However, when I do, I carry an extra mag. They do sell a paddle style mag holder that will hold my g27 mags. Got mine from baton rouge polie supply.

Top Bottom