My first Youtube video - your comments are appreciated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is my first youtube video but I am hoping to make a lot more. Not sure how well it came out. Let me know how you like it.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    You're fixing to get pillaged and raped by these guys. I'll start with the fact that you took the mag out, but never showed that your pistol was cleared and safe while you repeatedly put your finger on the trigger while holstering, drawing etc. Just saying! :D

NEXT!!

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    dis gon be good.gif

In regards to the vid.... Just a moment while I watch it. Just some thoughts from a fellow BSer.

Nice that you've made partner. Ditch the badge. Whipping it out may look like you are drawing a concealed blade, and it is just cheesy. It screams "COP". You really ought to watch your finger on that trigger, especially if there is a live round chambered.
    You are not a policeman, or an enforcer of all things righteous by having a permit; if anything, it should make you want to avoid trouble like the plauge. Shooting someone is the absolute last option.

WAIT A SECOND.... You are MrSurplusNut. I know you. Not sure if you should carry after what I've seen on your channel. You really do not have the mentality to own firearms. Please re-evaluate your reasons for owning guns. Some of things on your channel are just downright scary and make other gun owners look bad.

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    You're fixing to get pillaged and raped by these guys. I'll start with the fact that you took the mag out, but never showed that your pistol was cleared and safe while you repeatedly put your finger on the trigger while holstering, drawing etc. Just saying! :D

NEXT!!

True, but when he showed a close-up of it, you could see that the trigger was in the rearward position (not cocked).

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    My running commentary throughout your video-
    uncle mikes holster, sweet. 13 rounds should be plenty, eh? No mag failures to cramp your style. OMG NICE CONCEALED CARRY BADGE!!! Will you please stop flagging yourself with a loaded firearm? whew nearly dropped your piece there, bro. If you're going to be jogging? Dude, lets be serious, you're not joggin anywhere. ....please don't go chase the "bad guy" around with your weapon out. Who The F*%^ did your CHP?!I fully realize your trigger isn't reset, but, come'on, get your finger out of the trigger well. I give up. Someone else take it from here.

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    This is funny, and 2 years old. Please try again.

I was thinking there HAD to be a catch here because I know there is some special folks here, but I didn't think they reached THAT level :lol:

That concealed carry badge is almost as bad as if I were to open carry while wearing my EBR Sheriffs Office polo shirt :shocked: And I'm not even an LEO of any sort.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    True, but that's not my point. I'm not going to assume that it is unloaded without checking it first. The only way you KNOW the chamber is empty is to retract the slide and visually, and preferably tactically (feel), check the chamber.

True, but when he showed a close-up of it, you could see that the trigger was in the rearward position (not cocked).

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Geez man, how the hell did that guy get a permit? Haha, I don't even know what to say about all the stuff in that video.

Gimme da money gimme da money! OK heres the money :rofl:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    True, but that's not my point. I'm not going to assume that it is unloaded without checking it first. The only way you KNOW the chamber is empty is to retract the slide and visually, and preferably tactically (feel), check the chamber.

Normally I would say that said person making video probably triple confirmed the weapons and mags were empty prior to filiming....but I wouldnt put anything past that fruit cake...

Top Bottom