My last trip to Tallow Creek Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptWSims

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Recently I've done more shooting at Honey Island than Tallow Creek because I can shoot FMJ at Honey Island, and the range is so much nicer.

But time was tight this Saturday morning, and I wanted to test my rebuilt bolt in one of my carbines.

Drove my car instead of 4x4 SUV, which was first mistake--had rained the night before and the driveway at Tallow Creek was a quagmire...no danger of getting stuck, but car looked like an off-road vehicle by the time I got to the range!

After I got set up (avoiding the mud puddles on the line) 4 more people showed up, so I waited about 20 more minutes for them to get set up...that was fine, is just part of shooting at a range.

Then fired off my sighting rounds...could see first two, but then everything went into the black and could not see the POI on SR-1 target at 100 yards...the sun was in my eyes and in the scope. I loaded up after just 10 rounds to check out.

I had done a "short shift" before at Tallow Creek (had been there most weeks for the past several months), but this time Mike charged me $10 for an hour on the range.

Not ever going back!

:mad:

RickyT

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR #413
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Bedico
    They have 200 acres there and all they have is 8 pistol and 8 rifle lanes, besides the skeet. It used to be kept up by the previous owners, but not any more. They really want to sell it and have tried. They want just under 2 million for it. The last deal they had going fell through. They bought some land on Traino Landing just South of Hwy 22 and want to set up range there. Rumor has it that the EPA wants them to dig out like a foot of earth and replace it because of all the lead before they can sell it.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    They have 200 acres there and all they have is 8 pistol and 8 rifle lanes, besides the skeet. It used to be kept up by the previous owners, but not any more. They really want to sell it and have tried. They want just under 2 million for it. The last deal they had going fell through. They bought some land on Traino Landing just South of Hwy 22 and want to set up range there. Rumor has it that the EPA wants them to dig out like a foot of earth and replace it because of all the lead before they can sell it.

Sounds about rights. They need to find a personality to, the no FMJ is understanding but still BS, them people built their houses around a damn shooting range.

I dont ever plan on going back there Ive been down range there and got pellted with BBs from the shotguns.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I dont ever plan on going back there Ive been down range there and got pellted with BBs from the shotguns.
    I worked there during high school and that was normal when throwing over the ponds in the back. :mamoru:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom