My New AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Well, I finally got one. And of course I could not wait to start doing some customizing to it. I put on a Sure Fire rail, C.A.A. stock, and a Magpul Grip, and 2 Mugpul 30 round mags. I have an EOTech for it but did not like the co-witness with the iron sights so I'm waiting for the A.R.M.S. mount to come in so I can mount it on the carrying handle. I also have a Sure Fire Vertical Forgrip on the way. Here is a few pics for yall.
    CIMG0245Medium.jpg

CIMG0250Medium.jpg

CIMG0249Medium.jpg

CIMG0248Medium.jpg

CIMG0247Medium.jpg

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    where did you mount the eotech? take off the carry handle, mount it on the flat top and get some flip rear sights. I find carry handle mounted optics are really high.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I didn't like the co-witness either. Tried the handle mount deal, too high (not too high for comfort, too high for easy trajectory calculations). I went with the ARMS 40L rear flip sight and the Samson FFS front flip sight. I had to get a weaver gas block to replace the front sight base, but it is easy enough to install, and really sweet results. Of course, if you don't already have those things, you are looking at $260 for all three items, but worth it, IMO.

Just sayin'

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I would be careful dealing with this guy. He left me high and dry. I held my XD40 for him since July 5 and I just heard from him today after many messages. And the local guy that made me a descent offer awhile back bought another gun already.

sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Well, I could care less what the hell you think and anyone else on here thinks. I was off shore for 14 days and I can not help that the dumb asses that work in my office in Houston takes out two more truck notes than they should have. And to top it off my cell phone died on me while I was away from home going to a school 4 hours away. I have purchased many items from people on the forums I read. I also sell items on ebay and have no problems at all. Some people thank that if it does not go exactly how the want that someone is trying to screw them , well in that case I was screwed all week long last week. Well to all the Admins., and everyone else I don't care what he thinks or said I just had to say my side of the story. I will still look at this site everyday and if the Admins, want to delete my account that is fine there are many others I can go to.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Well he posted questions about the sale here on your thread on the 21st and I'm sure he has sent you emails and PMs before that. You say your cell phone was out and you didn't have net access yet you had enough access to post to this forum twice on the 24th. You didn't reply to him then either.:eh:

Looks to me like you changed your mind and spent your cash on an AR instead of the pistol you agreed to buy from him and then just ignored his inquiries.

I was off shore for 14 days and I can not help that the dumb asses that work in my office in Houston takes out two more truck notes than they should have.

If this means that you didn't get paid and therefore didn't have any cash for the sale, then that is an acceptable excuse for not buying the pistol BUT ONLY if you told him that, not dodged him then posted it here as a lame excuse.

Well, I could care less what the hell you think and anyone else on here thinks.

And that's a good thing, because I won't be buying or selling with you and I would hate for your feeling to get hurt as well.;)

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Well he posted questions about the sale here on your thread on the 21st and I'm sure he has sent you emails and PMs before that. You say your cell phone was out and you didn't have net access yet you had enough access to post to this forum twice on the 24th. You didn't reply to him then either.:eh:

Looks to me like you changed your mind and spent your cash on an AR instead of the pistol you agreed to buy from him and then just ignored his inquiries.

If this means that you didn't get paid and therefore didn't have any cash for the sale, then that is an acceptable excuse for not buying the pistol BUT ONLY if you told him that, not dodged him then posted it here as a lame excuse.

And that's a good thing, because I won't be buying or selling with you and I would hate for your feeling to get hurt as well.;)

Thanks for seeing the truth.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715

sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Well, I got the AR on July 1st and have the receipt to prove it. Several days before I said I wanted the gun. And if you would look at a damn calender the 24th was a Tuesday. My phone went out Thursday night. And I did tell him over the phone that the office did that to my pay check and I did not find out it happened again till Friday. I was going to call him on Friday but could not. And as far as buying and selling from you I could care less. Ohh. You not going to hurt my feelings.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The iTrader ratings system shall be in place from this point forward to rate completed transactions. Upon review of possible situations, there seem to be many situations, possibilities, circumstances and otherwise where deals may not come through for fault of the buyer, seller or none at all. Miscommunication and unforseen circumstances being among the reasons. I hope you guys understand the reason that I came to this conclusion.

Top Bottom