My recent traffic crash gripe. UPDATE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well on our way to Baton Rouge to go to work about 2 weeks ago we were sideswiped on I-12 at Millerville. We were in the outside lane doing 60mph. Then a SUV in the middle lane decided he wanted my lane. Said people were stopping in front of him so he changed lanes and the only problem was me in that lane. Well we pulled off at the westbound entrance ramp at Millerville. He pulled in front and then I said "oh $hit" the SUV had a Texas plate.
    My passenger called BRPD and a nice BRPD Motorman came and wrote the crash.

He has GoAuto insurance and yesterday I went to BRPD Hq to get the report. My girlfriend called his insurance GoAuto yesterday to make a claim and today the claims agent called her. He said they were aware of the crash.

Well he told her the vehicle was insured and asked her to read some of the info on the crash report. Well she told him who the driver was and guess what HE is a EXCLUDED driver so we are screwed.

I'm pissed.

Well here's the update. Our Insurance paid for our damages under our Uninsured part of our policy.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    My recent traffic crash gripe

I was under the impression the insurance was still responsible for covering your damages. Go Auto is not the best company so you will probably have to get an attorney to call them and get the ball rolling.

WELL, maybe I’m wrong

https://www.insure.com/car-insurance/exclusions.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dang. Sounds like bad news all the way around. I’d prolly give the owner a call and play nice. I’d offer them a chance to pay my damages before I file suit. That mag be all you can do in this case.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Something tells me the owner is not rich or will pay. This is where the owner lives.

hhkc31y107gi36e86he.jpg

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    If they don't fix it, just sue, and start garnishing and taking things from the owner of the vehicle. He is responsible for not allowing him to drive. Make sure to sue the owner of vehicle, the driver and both their spouses so they can't do **** like move things to them. Then just ask the sheriff to take things, and have them auction it off.

Might not get your money back, but it would make it where they won't do **** like that again.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If they don't fix it, just sue, and start garnishing and taking things from the owner of the vehicle. He is responsible for not allowing him to drive. Make sure to sue the owner of vehicle, the driver and both their spouses so they can't do **** like move things to them. Then just ask the sheriff to take things, and have them auction it off.

Might not get your money back, but it would make it where they won't do **** like that again.

You realize that's going to cost money , right ? And I'm not so sure the Sheriff is going to do that just because you tell him to .

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    File on your insurance and pay the deductible. Your insurance will subrogate with Go Auto and the other owner/driver. You may even get reimbursed for the deductible.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    10 yrs ago ... wife was t-boned by a drunk driver . Blew a .240 . Anyway , it turns out he had no license , no insurance , no job , no assets of any kind . Lived in a rent house .
    Car was totalled . Wife was in the hospital and off of work for weeks . POS got credit for time served and a fine . We got squat . Still pissed about that one .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I’m thinking he’s not here legally and therefore none of that will work. Basically he’s just screwed and on the hook for deductibles etc when none of it was his fault. When I first got into investigations I was surprised to find that Louisiana wasn’t requiring people to have a valid La DL to register vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    When I first got into investigations I was surprised to find that Louisiana wasn’t requiring people to have a valid La DL to register vehicles.

Well, this grand old state did just pay millions of jobless benefits to incarcerated prisoners, soooooooo........

Louisiana is truly the land of opportunity.............for worthless shitbags!

70068shooter

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    LaPlace, LA
    My position might get me flamed.

But call a personal injury attorney. Claim your neck hurts at least until they set you right.

Last time I was hit the driver was an authorized driver as well. Ended up the insurance company (Progressive) decided to fix my vehicle after screwing around for weeks. But in the end did not fix the steering gear box claiming the damage was on the opposite side of the truck. Ended up costing me $751 out of my pocket.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    You realize that's going to cost money , right ? And I'm not so sure the Sheriff is going to do that just because you tell him to .

Not sure about Louisiana, but in a lot of states, if you have a judgement against someone, they have so many days to make you right (usually 90 days), otherwise you can start repossessions of their stuff. Sheriff takes everything they deem that is of worth, auction it, and they keep some, and you keep some. Repeat until you get whole.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Thats just bull crap an insurance company will tell you in hopes you give up and claim it on your insurance.
    Insurance company insures the Vehicle, does not matter if its an excluded driver, stolen or a non licensed driver they have to cover the damage.
    Had this happen a few years back with another driver from Mississippi here in La, Insurance company told me to go pound sand because the driver was not listed on the insurance plan.
    One good ole conversation with the Rep on the phone and I explained we could do this the easy way or the hard way with Lawyers and they admitted the vehicle was insured not the driver and covered my totaled vehicle.
    I would call them back and request to speak with a supervisor, have that conversation and IF no resolve I would get a lawyer involved.

IF you claim this on your insurance your rates will go up and it will be on you, Most insurance companies will go after the other for their money but will not change the fact you claimed on your insurance and most times will be recorded as You at Fault.
    Had this happen with Progressive and took me a few years to get this debacle straight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom