My review of my new 5.11 Range Ready Bag (lots of pics)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Don't get me wrong I liked my XD Gear range bag but this one is SO much nicer that it. I payed about $20 more for it but it is well worth it. Lets start with the pouch with the mag holders. It holds 8 mags and even the 45 mags fit.
    CIMG0440Large.jpg

The main compartment has 2 side pockets I put my XD-9 & XD-45 in. A smaller bag to put whatever you can think of. I use my XD gear kit boxes to store mags in as you can see and it holds 2 of them perfect. And a smaller brass bag.
    CIMG0443Large.jpg

CIMG0444Large.jpg

CIMG0442Large.jpg

CIMG0441Large.jpg

CIMG0445Large.jpg

It has 2 front pockets that a very roomy. I can put another XD gear kit box in one of them and 8 boxes of 00 buck for my Benelli M4.

CIMG0446Large.jpg

Another on the side I put my ear plugs and safety glasses in.

CIMG0447Large.jpg

And on the other side has another good size pocket I put some cleaning supplies in and a pouch for a water bottle.
    CIMG0448Large.jpg

And it has a nice shoulder strap that has a non-slip grip to it and I'm glad b/c after I loaded this thing down it is heavy. I really like this bag over the others I looked at. 5.11 Great Job!!!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Nice review. My range bag is not a range bag & it shows. I'm about sick of it & need to get something that is a range bag.

How much & where did you get it?

Thanks,
    RDO

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sorry...but I just got the same bag for $39.99 + shipping.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=259680

It's all over other gun forums, hottest deal on the net right now. Just read the reviews. It's identical to the 5.11 bag. Got mine in a few days ago and it's INCREDIBLE for the money. :eek3:

Sell your 5.11 back on eBay and buy two from Midway! Hurry though, the sale ends Jan 31, however even at the normal $59 price it would still be a steal.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I wouldn't say you got the SAME bag, but a SIMILAR one. I can vouch for 5.11's quality having used several of their products. In a range bag, its probably not that big of a deal. Either one of you guys' bags is way better than mine I'm sure. I just throw stuff into an old booksack and carry the rest, its a time proven method guaranteed to make me forget at least one thing and have to go back to the car.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    its a time proven method guaranteed to make me forget at least one thing and have to go back to the car.
    :rofl:

Seriously though, I urge anyone who needs a large range bag to pick one up before the sale ends. If you don't believe me read the reviews on Midway and check this thread out: http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=32109. There's pics on page 4.

I think you're paying a LOT of money for the 5.11 logo. Even if it was built a little better than this bag (which I don't think it is), you could buy TWO of these AND a couple of nice steaks from Rouses.

And who doesn't like steak? Terrorists...that's who. :squint:

sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Well, I'm not knocking on MidwayUSA b/c I buy from them often. But, I also learned my lesson an you get what you pay for. I see items that are identical to a name brand item for some times 1/4 the price of the name brand and even purchased a few and later wished I would have payed for the name brand. I don't mind paying a little more for the name brand if I know that they will stand behind there product. I have several 5.11 products and am very pleased with them so I will keep using them.

Top Bottom