my story of wrongful arrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    ok, i was woke up at 5 am last thursday morning by ascension parish deputies to arrest me for non payment of child support. I have been paying my child support online and had proof of payment. The deputies state that do not know anything about computers and had to arrest me. I was handcuffed in front of my children and neighbors and hauled off to jail. Dawn printed all the reciepts from my payments and went to court house. She spoke with Sgt. Bare who told her that he remembered speaking with someone on the previous monday that my bench warrant had been recalled because they had proof of payment. But this did not matter, I had already been book and sent to Donaldsonville where i was put in orange and shackled by my ankles and feet. Meanwhile Dawn my wife was at courthouse with proof of payments for child support and was told she had to pay 12,000 to get me out. finally they realized I had payed my support and told her the bench warrant was cleared and she could get me out with 2 money orders one for $50.00 for the bench warrant and one for $400.00 for non payment of child support . She went to the bank to get the money orders and went back to court house to pay. After going back to court house to pay the fines they told her she had to go to Donalsonville to pay because I was no longer there. They had booked me and taken me by bus to Donaldsonville, put me in orange and shackled by my ankles and wrists.
    She went to Donaldsonville and they told her I had just been booked and she had to wait for me to be processed. She didn’t understand why she had to pay anything as I was not guilty of anything. I had proof of my payments and the bench warrant was supposed to be recalled but was not sent to the officers who were doing the round up. Finally at 2pm, They told her she could come pay and I would be released. About an hour later, 3pm she went to pay and they asked her for the 12,000 cash. She told them that she was told she only had to pay the 450.00 and by money order. They told her they only take cash but would make an acception. Really, an acception for being NOT GUILTY. She paid the 450 and then we were told to go back to Gonzales court house to get our money back. Upon going back to Gonzales court house we were told that since I was booked for a bench warrant that we could not get the 50 back or the 400 since I was actually arrested. They said that they would get the 400 to my ex for an extra payment. I was then given a court date in January to appear for non payment of child support. This is the best part. I showed them proof of payments therefore I should not have had a bench warrant , therefore, I should not have been arrested for non payment and therefore I should not have another court date for non payment . And now I have my name slandered in the paper for 12,000.00 bond and for non payment like I am a criminal. This is the second time I have been arrested for non payment of child support. I have had proof of payment both times . The first time dawn printed out the copy of the front and back of check and the bank statement showing where the check had been cashed and they let me go. This time they changed there mind after we got back to the court house the last time and state that the bench warrant was a good warrant that I missed a court date. I was told by the DA that once my payments started coming out of my employment checks that I no longer needed to appear in court. Since they didn’t want to admit that they made a mistake they told me that it was my word against the DA that I was told I didn’t have to appear. I was also told that there system wasn’t perfect. Really? What do you think? Am I supposed to be arrested every time the state makes a mistake? Its ok for them to say oops they screwed up and I have to pay for it, and get arrested, shackled etc… What about the real criminals? Now my name is in the paper for 12,000 bond which I did not have to pay, for non payment which I paid, this is false information and slander. Your input would greatly appreciated
    and just for the record i have never been arrested before in my life and have a clean record !!!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Second time and you had proof both times?

Gather thyself and get thee to legal representation. The state does not arbitrarily say lets screw with this guy. SOMEBODY had to report you as non-payment. IF you are accurately stating facts, you're being harassed. Civil matter. Don't get pissed off. You're running defense right now. You'll never win because those officers were doing their job. To them, it was a sobstory that may or may not have been true. Nothing personal. The hoop jumping occurs in every state or federal office. My DMV require three trips minimal.

My two cents, you need to get on the offense, call her on the ******** accusations in front of a civil judge. Costs money, but you're regaining your reputation by not allowing yourself tobe further embarrassed.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    To them, it was a sobstory that may or may not have been true. Nothing personal. The hoop jumping occurs in every state or federal office.

Yeah, 50% of the cops don't believe a word coming out of your mouth and the other 50% don't care what is coming out of your mouth. Your fight is not with them, they are doing what they have been trained to do. I know it is expensive, but a good lawyer is what is needed to cut through the BS. There are some here and there that might believe you and check it out, but there are the same amount that might just decide to bump your head against the wall when you are "resisting arrest". If you would have tried to prevent the unlawful arrest, you would be in a world of hurt right now. We still do have that right, to resist unlawful arrest, well unless the cops are acting on bad information, they call it "Mistake of fact".... Great law people.

I have been dealing with the water company, they claim we used 225,000 gallons of water over 3 months, but since we got the new meter, right at 3 weeks ago we have used 4500 gallons of water. And that includes having to wash the mud out of the lines 3 times from them coming and taking the meter every week. We paid $500 and they claim we are still $300 behind... and I had auto pay... They tested the meter in front of us, it was inconclusive, they needed to do an all day test, inconclusive, they needed to do an all weekend test, inconclusive, they were going to test the old meter some more, decided nothing was wrong with it. I am going to file a complaint again after we get the next bill and try to get an adjustment. Hopefully I won't have a water bill for a few months, because they don't give refunds, just credit... Gotta love the guberment.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Oh, and don't get me started on USPS, looks like they found 5 packages they were suppose to have ready for me to see what didn't make it and they were going to get them all to the main branch for pick up and will pay out insurance on the missing package that went to Hawaii. I am hoping for a couple of M&P compact holsters and 3 boxes packed with bullets.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So much for the "presumption of innocence" and "equal protection under the law." Friend, you were just born with the wrong plumbing.

She wants to use a pair of scissors or vacuum to kill a baby, hooray. You hit her while pregnant the baby dies; you're a murderer.
    She willingly sleeps with you, then changes her mind; you're just gonna have to register. Proof unnecessary.
    She is premenstrual and claims you haven't paid; you're going to lockup. Proof unnecessary.

Why shouldn't we be in contempt of court?

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    oh dont get me wrong the officers were polite and i was polite to them i have respect for officers and i am glad they are there when we need them i am angry about the people who made the mistakes that mess with peoples lives to them its just a paperwork error but not to me i bet if i ran this post in the paper with their names and addresses of the parties at fault the **** would hit the fan ! and the officers was just doing their job but they could have looked at all the online payments and said hey somthings not rite here and questioned it espically when i told them this has happened once before but they picked me up at 5 and the courthouse didnt open till 8 but two injustices i am pissed i cant help it

txt2020

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    baton rouge la
    i am not mad at the cops im mad at the people that screwed up and cat i pay the state and the state pays her and if i dont pay i get a court date then if i dont show i get warrant but i had all the email reciepts of payment printed out and yes i will haft to jump through hoops and thank yall for support and info ! both times

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yeah, 50% of the cops don't believe a word coming out of your mouth and the other 50% don't care what is coming out of your mouth. Your fight is not with them, they are doing what they have been trained to do. I know it is expensive, but a good lawyer is what is needed to cut through the BS. There are some here and there that might believe you and check it out, but there are the same amount that might just decide to bump your head against the wall when you are "resisting arrest". If you would have tried to prevent the unlawful arrest, you would be in a world of hurt right now. We still do have that right, to resist unlawful arrest, well unless the cops are acting on bad information, they call it "Mistake of fact".... Great law people.

I have been dealing with the water company, they claim we used 225,000 gallons of water over 3 months, but since we got the new meter, right at 3 weeks ago we have used 4500 gallons of water. And that includes having to wash the mud out of the lines 3 times from them coming and taking the meter every week. We paid $500 and they claim we are still $300 behind... and I had auto pay... They tested the meter in front of us, it was inconclusive, they needed to do an all day test, inconclusive, they needed to do an all weekend test, inconclusive, they were going to test the old meter some more, decided nothing was wrong with it. I am going to file a complaint again after we get the next bill and try to get an adjustment. Hopefully I won't have a water bill for a few months, because they don't give refunds, just credit... Gotta love the guberment.

What water co. do you have?

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I think you are missing the point, you were arrested on a Bench Warrant, ie, you did not show up for a court date for which you were subpeoned for a case of non payment of child support. If you had been arrested for non payment of child support you would have been arrested on an affiant warrant, not a bench warrant.

Moral of the story, always show up for court, no matter what youve been told.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am seeing a new motorcycle in your (op)future....
    He is too new to know that reference, I suggest you get a lawyer, and document everything.. now before it escapes your memory.. I would also not post much more about this on here, as it could be brought up... good luck..

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I think you are missing the point, you were arrested on a Bench Warrant, ie, you did not show up for a court date for which you were subpeoned for a case of non payment of child support. If you had been arrested for non payment of child support you would have been arrested on an affiant warrant, not a bench warrant.

Moral of the story, always show up for court, no matter what youve been told.

This...

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

Moral of the story, always show up for court, no matter what you've been told.

So, all this is consequences.

Were you served a warrant?
    :eh:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    He is too new to know that reference, I suggest you get a lawyer, and document everything.. now before it escapes your memory.. I would also not post much more about this on here, as it could be brought up... good luck..

Yep, drop it online. It can and will be found by the other team and used against you in some way or another.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom