N.O. Aquarium

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Anybody been lately ? Do they wand you ? I won't chance carrying my pistol but I always carry a folding knife and don't want to have any issues .

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Haven't been in a few years, my son is 12 so it's not cool anymore, but I've never seen security at the door or metal detectors.

Side note.. Id highly recommend looking into a membership. The amount you'll pay for aquarium tickets won't be to far off. The insect museum is down the street and it's a nice addition to the trip and is included in the yearly membership. It is in a federal building so they do check.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    We have a membership and I took my boys last about 6 months ago or so. No security at the doors. It’s one of the few reasons I still go into the city when I do. The aquarium and zoo are both pretty nice still.

Like WhereIsIt said the membership really pays off. It will basically pay for itself with two visits or a visit to the aquarium and visit to the museum. The only way I could see not getting the membership and just paying for a one day access is if you know for a fact you won’t be back then you may save a couple dollars. Depending on how many people you’re bringing the membership may still be beneficial.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    It happened during COVID. I actually think it might be better at the Aquarium when it gets done. While the insectarium was cool the first time we went but nothing changed over the years and it got old. The only part worth going back to was the butterfly garden at the end.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    It happened during COVID. I actually think it might be better at the Aquarium when it gets done. While the insectarium was cool the first time we went but nothing changed over the years and it got old. The only part worth going back to was the butterfly garden at the end.
    Ya i agree with that. It's definitely nothing to go see just on its own. The only time we would go was as an add on to aquarium.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Ok , we went today . Nothing even remotely resembling security . Pretty crowded . Kind of underwhelming to be honest . The Otters have been relocated to another facility while their exhibit is being remodeled . Insects will be there next year . Kind of pricey .

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Ya i agree with that. It's definitely nothing to go see just on its own. The only time we would go was as an add on to aquarium.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    The fact that they put it in the US Custom House means I can't carry there, so I found better things to do. Maybe I'll go check it out once they re-open somewhere else.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom