Need a new CC 9mm pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gritsandgiggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2024
    Louisiana
    I personally carry a Kimber Micro 9. Recently purchased used from a friend, and love it. It sits in a pocket holster on my right and a spare mag on my left. Pleasant to shoot with Hogue grips.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    EC9 or LC9. I know you think it doesnt hold enough rounds but you are mistaken 7-9 rounds is pleanty to put down a bad guy
    I wonder about this, Mass, A, mentions the average shots fired is 8. I also heard trained LEO only register 40% hits in an actual fight. Lastly it’s said you are more likely to face multiple attackers today vs. yesteryear.

If All of that is true, especially if someone doesn’t train, is it enough. My last class one of the guys said he hadn’t fired his pistol in over 5 years! It showed!

Still I would rather 6 +1 in a tiny Kahr than a sharp stick.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    EC9 or LC9. I know you think it doesnt hold enough rounds but you are mistaken 7-9 rounds is pleanty to put down a bad guy
    I used to be of the same opinion but in today’s world we’re seeing more assaults with multiple attackers. I’d hate to only have a 6+1 in my pocket facing 4 attackers with AR pistols and drakos.

My primary carry is a G17. I’ll still throw an lcp in my pocket if I’m by myself and being lazy sometimes. If I’m by myself I have the luxury of being able to run. If I’m with my family I loose that luxury.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I used to be of the same opinion but in today’s world we’re seeing more assaults with multiple attackers. I’d hate to only have a 6+1 in my pocket facing 4 attackers with AR pistols and drakos.

My primary carry is a G17. I’ll still throw an lcp in my pocket if I’m by myself and being lazy sometimes. If I’m by myself I have the luxury of being able to run. If I’m with my family I loose that luxury.
    My wife carries a EC9. its that or nothing. A G17 is too big for her purse. All of my pistols are full size.
    If she needs more than 8 rounds she can change mags.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    My wife carries a EC9. its that or nothing. A G17 is too big for her purse. All of my pistols are full size.
    If she needs more than 8 rounds she can change mags.
    More power to you man not raging you at all just stating my .02

Your wife must actually enjoy training with her pistol. My wife fumbles magazines the 3 times a year she decides to come to the range with me. Couldn’t imagine her having to do it under pressure and hopefully she’ll never have too. I can’t and don’t want to force anything on her though. I just talk with her and offer all the time for her to come with to the range or enroll her in some sort of woman’s shooting class. She’s come along way from not even wanting to hold one and I’m good with that for now.

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    Maybe try to get her into more dry fire practice. I find that drawing and mag changes can be practiced better in private to build confidence.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la

Your wife must actually enjoy training with her pistol. My wife fumbles magazines the 3 times a year she decides to come to the range with me. Couldn’t imagine her having to do it under pressure and hopefully she’ll never have too. I can’t and don’t want to force anything on her though. I just talk with her and offer all the time for her to come with to the range or enroll her in some sort of woman’s shooting class. She’s come along way from not even wanting to hold one and I’m good with that for now.
    3 times a year! My wife has been once. We qualified together, she hasn’t been since.

I hope she never has to use it, but she loved my G23, converted to a 19. I always leave her the G22 also converted to a G17.

Glad she’s never had to touch it.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana

Oh i dont think you are ragging on me, just a conversation. Im not sure how she would do under pressure hell i dont know how i would do. Im 60 and have never pulled my gun in a self defense situation and i would be happy to finish my life without issues.

Top Bottom