Need a new vehicle cheap and quick

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    So at first my truck needed repair... Now it's just broke. I'm not putting a new engine in it so looking for something to replace it. It needs to have AC and it needs to get me to new orleans and back on a regular basis. I have a Sig p238 that might sell Saturday. I have a Glock 19 I plan on selling and a PSA complete AR15 and tons of loaded magazines. I need to get home and find pictures and then somehow get to Slidell to get it all.

I think my truck can sell for $1000, KBB for "fair" is $2400. I am getting $450 for the Sig and I'm sure I can get $700 for the AR and $400 for the glock. So if I can get it all sold I'll have roughly $2500. Maybe more if I sell a shotgun and some magazines and ammo.

Does anyone have any friends or relatives that has something they would part with? Anyone have something that they will trades for the guns and ammo and mags listed? I was thinking of maybe just getting a motorcycle but not sure what I would do if it rains. I'd really prefer a truck because I like to throw my kayak in the back and my bicycle in the back and go but beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure i can find a way to tie a kayak to the roof of a car to go 1000 feet to the launch.

PS It don't have to be pretty. It just has to run good and have AC. Have bad credit so can't really finance.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Usually you can find a nissan hardbody or s-10 for around $2500. I'm always on craigslist if I come across anything I'll pm you.

Thanks, putting together a post for my truck now to sell. Need to take pics of all my guns and furniture and such so I can sell it all also. Hopefully I can find time in the weekend.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    So at first my truck needed repair... Now it's just broke. I'm not putting a new engine in it so looking for something to replace it. It needs to have AC and it needs to get me to new orleans and back on a regular basis. I have a Sig p238 that might sell Saturday. I have a Glock 19 I plan on selling and a PSA complete AR15 and tons of loaded magazines. I need to get home and find pictures and then somehow get to Slidell to get it all.

I think my truck can sell for $1000, KBB for "fair" is $2400. I am getting $450 for the Sig and I'm sure I can get $700 for the AR and $400 for the glock. So if I can get it all sold I'll have roughly $2500. Maybe more if I sell a shotgun and some magazines and ammo.

Does anyone have any friends or relatives that has something they would part with? Anyone have something that they will trades for the guns and ammo and mags listed? I was thinking of maybe just getting a motorcycle but not sure what I would do if it rains. I'd really prefer a truck because I like to throw my kayak in the back and my bicycle in the back and go but beggars can't be choosers. I'm sure i can find a way to tie a kayak to the roof of a car to go 1000 feet to the launch.

PS It don't have to be pretty. It just has to run good and have AC. Have bad credit so can't really finance.

The only vehicle I currently have is my Harley Deuce. The rain sucks but I put new tires on it and have a set of Frog Togs they work better than anything else I've worn to keep the rain off me. I really don't want to sell it but with winter approaching I'm considering selling or trying to find someone to trade me a truck for it.

As for your Kayak if you get a car a friend of mine bought these for his car, I wouldn't trust them to carry it to Colorado... but if your that close to the launch, I would think they would work. At least temporarily until you can get something nicer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Telescopic-Universal-Car-Top-Roof-Cross-Bars-Crossbars-Luggage-Cargo-Rack-/360947307511?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540a22d3f7&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom