need a nfa trust, anyone have an attorneys info?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I used mouthpiece.. when I needed to modify it due to some issues with members I had added, he fixed it for me free of charge.. I cannot stress the ease and how smooth he handled both cases.. he will always be my first goto guy..

vicred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I used Mouthpiece for mine. He made it very easy and Ive still never even met the guy. Did it all over the phone and via email. Highly recommended

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Mouthpiece is a good one. He will answer any and all questions you have.

I cannot say the same for Kenny. I don't have anything nice to say about him.

JCcypress is also a great guy.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    What's an NFA trust? I've never heard of one.

If the asshat of the parish wont sign off on the application to own any class 3 item.. Like ours.. at least in my case.. then you can get an LLC or revocable trust.. both items allow you to apply without the need of the above asshat's signature.. the trust IMO is a better way to go.. no yearly fee and you may add your wife to it to prevent any issues of her possession of it while your away..

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What's an NFA trust? I've never heard of one.

As stated, NFA Gun Trust relieve the necessity of having your Chief Law Enforcement Officer "sign off" on your application to own NFA items (suppressors, machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, AOWs...)

Other benefits of a trust over individual ownership/application include:

• Ability to submit your application without the necessity of providing fingerprints and/or passport photo.
    • Negates the ATF's background check requirement. (This may or may not change in the future with the proposed ATF 41P.)
    • Ability to use the ATF E-file system (when it's operational).
    • Ability to name multiple users / possessors of the trust property/NFA items.
    • Ability to bequeath the items to beneficiaries without burdening them with reapplication process and another $200 tax fee per item.

Overall, gun trusts make the application process and ownership of NFA items much less onerous.

I'm happy to answer questions, as I'm sure Mouthpiece and Kenny would be also. They are both very competent, experienced attorneys, and I have had good dealings with them.

Last edited:

Depsr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    EBR
    Jc I am trying to set up a trust and my brother is an attorney. Where can he find the proper steps to protect his baby brother?

Top Bottom