Need a range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    As of right now, Honey Island will still be closed this weekend (though the water is now below 14 feet :dunno:).

Dad is coming out this weekend and we need a place to shoot. I haven't gone shooting with my dad in about 7 years. Don't want to miss the opportunity before he gets stationed in San Diego.

There's Nick's, but is there anywhere closer to Slidell?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell

I won't go there because of this:

AS OF DEC. 1, 2008 ALL FIREARM TRANSFER FEES ARE:
    Under $400 - $40
    Over $400 - 10% of value of firearm

IMO, that is just a really stupid policy. The value of the firearm does not affect the cost to run a NICS check. An argument can be made on the effect to their insurance policy, but it's moot.

People don't know better and will pay it, but I won't give them money to continue things like that. Just my .02.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    Then your only other options are

www.shootersclub.com they are in Harahan. Good place to shoot but get there before they open on a weekend or you'll have quite a wait. Saturdays are bad though because they have CCW renewals and new classes. I got their 15 minutes before they opened on a Sunday 2 weeks ago and I was the 3rd person in line. When I left after shooting for about 45 minutes it was standing room only with a long waiting list.

Bayou Dragon in Marrero is an option but I won't go back there after my last visit. The ventilation sucks and there is no oversight on the range. You pay your money then go shoot. No one comes to check on the shooters. A couple friends and I were shooting one morning and some gangsta wannabes came in and were doing holding their Hipernts sideways and crap one in each hand etc...
    Bullets were hitting the ground - pretty much everywhere but the target. One of my friends got hit by a ricochet or something in the ankle. Didn't penetrate or anything but left a nasty bruise later that day. As soon as he got hit in his ankle we packed up our stuff and never been back.

Honey Island is the best though all around. Hopefully they'll be back open this weekend. And longer than just a week this time before the levels go back up again.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Geez... You've officially scared me away from Bayou Dragon.

They [Honey Island] just posted that they're hoping to be open this weekend though.

Top Bottom