Need Feedback M&P 45 C

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BasinSniper

Bandolier
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Title says it all. I like to hear any pros/cons of this gun compared to the G30 and the like. hopefully without going into the whole glock vs. XXX stuff

maybe someone has a picture of one with a couple models along side of it?

Last edited:

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I have both the FS & C in 45 and 40. I can't give you a 'vs' Glock as I don't own a Glock. They didn't fit for me and when I did shoot one for 100 rounds I had a heck of a bite on my weak hand index finger where the guard was slamming or dragging on it. I couldn't find a natural comfortable grip. I would never slam a Glock as you don't market and sell as many pistols as they have without putting out a quality product.
    After market parts and upgrades are plentiful for Glock and you can pretty much be your own armorer. The M&P doesn't take rocket science to completely strip and maintain but availability from 2nd party vendors for parts isn't anywhere near Glock. Most of the critical parts still have to come from S&W. Magazines are damn expensive, especially for the compacts.
    I have over 4200 rounds through both compacts and twice that many through the fullsize 40. I haven't experienced any failures and only one issue with FTF that was magazine related. S&W customer service is top notch and lifetime warranty (as Glock) makes me a return customer.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Our department recently transitioned to the fullsize M&P .45 No failures of any kind in over 15,000 rounds and and 70+ handguns.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I traded my Glock 30 for an M&P 45c. Now the M&P is my everyday carry. I prefer the grip angle and size of the M&P over the Glock. It's much more natural for my hand. For me, it's just about the perfect carry gun. Comfortable in both the hand as well as the holster.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I only have the FS M&P 45, 9pro and I have a G30 also. I only use the Glock for Glock matches as I prefer my M&P's over all my other glocks. They fit me better, and I have a 3# trigger pull on my M&P's. I have several 1911' s and the M&P is the softest feeling of all my .45's.

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Have you tried the HK45C? Totally different feel from the USP series.

How so? CG, geometry, trigger, jedi force strength?

USP or USPc? The USP45c that I almost bought seemed about as familiar to a USP40c as one could get.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Too many folks make a big deal about the contoured slide of the HK45C. Forget about that; the grip is where its at. Along with the lengthened mag release, its an entirely new "feel"; and SO much for the better.

You know what, I DID check one of those out with the new grip and "texture". It is a HELL OF A LOT better then the USPc. Dollar for dollar though, I would still take the M&P over it because they are too similar (for my needs) to justify the extra cost.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Contact Gomez. He recently switched to these from Glock, and you can be sure he did his homework first.

i will loan you my Mid-Size if you wanna play with it. Mine has a trigger job by Bowie and if wasn't such a devotee to the Glock 19 it would be my Everyday Everyway gun.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I refuse to go down that road. I don't wanna see, one, touch one, or hear one go off. The work he did on the trigger is remarkable. After I shot it I called to verify he hadn't replaced any parts. All he did was polish. Sick. I didn't like the compact because it didn't conceal any better then the Middie and holds 3 beans less. I also don't like those pink rest mag floor plates.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom