Need help with a persuasive speech for class.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey guys I am looking for ideas to make my persuasive speech in my communications class. I have already done one about 2nd ammendment rights-gun control, so I need something else that I can do it on. Any ideas would be helpful

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    The massive failure of government spending to extract us from a recession - check FDR and the New Deals for evidence

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I took a speech class over the summer as an elective. My persuasive speech was about why suppressors/silencers should be allowed for all types of hunting across the country. A large number of the people in my class were liberal anti-gun nuts and gave me the :eh: face.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Glock vs 1911

9mm vs 45

No, really-- pick something in which you've got some interest and experience. You won't hook your audience if you couldn't give the first crap about the subject yourself, and if you don't have a firm and educated opinion already, it'll show through in your presentation. I'm sure you're pretty free to select your topic, but if you can avoid unsupportable and extremely controversial topics (like my two joke suggestions would be on a firearms forum), things will go a lot easier for you during the presentation and the subsequent grading. If you don't select something with at least a bit of contention from the other side, your professor won't like it.

Sounds like a fine line to walk, but you'd be surprised. Look around on campus and see if there's something that upsets most of the students, but seems to please the administration. That'd be a good topic for sure if you can present it appropriately. Some of the best speech and paper grades I ever received were from professors who couldn't have disagreed with me more, but found themselves incapable of launching an equally well thought out and articulated response. I had one actually send me a contention paper a full semester after I was done with the class. :mamoru:

Which I proceeded to dismantle, for fun, in less than 3 hours. :rofl:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I wrote one about speed limits and road conditions right after I got a speeding ticket. Got an A on the speech. Teacher said I had "great passion" for my topic. Just find something thats pissing you off and write about why it should be changed.

ngrani3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    +1 for CC on college campus.

Just recently did a speech on this as well. It's controversial enough to discuss both sides, which will help with your point (there is no solid arguments against it!)
    ConcealedCampus.org is a great website to use if you do decide to go for this.

Top Bottom