Need help with a speech for class

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I gotta make an informative speech for my communications class and can't decide what I want to do it on. It only has to be 5 minutes long. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do it on??

bushym4a1

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Lafayette
    Big topic regarding our 2nd amendment rights currently is the fast & furious scandal with the ATF and Mexican gun smuggling... check it out

LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a canned five minute speech I give people who aren't really gun people and aren't really anti-gun either. I will PM you.

Alright that would be awesome and exactly how long it needs to be. Ill check it out. Ill also check out the conceal carry and our 2nd amendment rights

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I had to give one of those last week . Did mine on the evolution of the gun to the rifle to modern day . I ran out of time but it can be done if u just hit the big pointers .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How about how stupid college athletes are on a team in the running for a National Championship for using illegal substances.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Consealed Carry of a Firearm?

I did this two weeks ago. 5 min informative. I brought a few holsters as visual aids but had to clear it with the PD so I didn't get proned out on the sidewalk.
    My speech: definition of CCW, types of firearms used in CCW, how to conceal (holsters), and a Really quick "don't be a jackass, and always follow the law to the letter".
    Q & A at the end was hilarious. When the super commie girl in the front heard I CC everywhere off campus she nearly had an aneurism.

LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I did this two weeks ago. 5 min informative. I brought a few holsters as visual aids but had to clear it with the PD so I didn't get proned out on the sidewalk.
    My speech: definition of CCW, types of firearms used in CCW, how to conceal (holsters), and a Really quick "don't be a jackass, and always follow the law to the letter".
    Q & A at the end was hilarious. When the super commie girl in the front heard I CC everywhere off campus she nearly had an aneurism.

That wouldnt be bad to do, but I dont have conceal holsters to take in as a visual aid

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    That wouldnt be bad to do, but I dont have conceal holsters to take in as a visual aid

Are you supposed to have a PowerPoint? If so you can just show pictures of them and it would be Way less hassle anyway. My other informative speech @ BRCC (class didn't transfer ;( ) was on the difference between fission and fusion nuclear bombs, specifically uranium gun bomb and the plutonium hydrogen implosion bomb. That's another idea, and you can use the chalkboard :D

LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are you supposed to have a PowerPoint? If so you can just show pictures of them and it would be Way less hassle anyway. My other informative speech @ BRCC (class didn't transfer ;( ) was on the difference between fission and fusion nuclear bombs, specifically uranium gun bomb and the plutonium hydrogen implosion bomb. That's another idea, and you can use the chalkboard :D

I dont have to use a powerpoint but I could. And I dont think I could do a speech on the difference between fission and fusion bombs, a littl too complicated for me and the rest of the people in the class

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The implications liability (frivolous lawsuits mostly) has on corporate America. Example: Exxon/Mobile gets sued every 15 minutes.
    Imagine the money spent on liability by businesses to protect themselves. Money that could be spent on better benefits, higher wages, better facilties, and more importantly lower retail prices.
    How does that come into play when a manufacturer is considering having their goods made overseas.
    How can we reindustrilize this country when a business owner here is dam near guaranteed to be sued.
    Is it even possible to re industrilize this country with our current system.

That's what I would talk about. I don't think it is a topic that is talked about near enough.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom