Need help with Shipping a Fishing Pole

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU

The Best There Is
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey guys im thinking about selling a few fishing poles on here and was wanting to know what the best way and cheapest way to ship them would be? I have heard of people using cardboard tubes and pvc, but Im not sure which i will use yet. I am trying to get a few rod tubes from my buddies at Gander Mountain but dont know if I will be able to get them. Also which is best/cheaper FedEx or UPS to ship them? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Any time you visit a grocery store or Wally World or anything like that, they use flourescent bulbs. Those bulbs come in boxes perfect for shipping fishing rods or other oddly shaped objects. Hope this helps.

Dave

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Go to Academy and ask them for the empty cardboard shipping tubes, they have just given them to me in the past. i have also used the triangle fedex boxes and take 2-3 together with no issues. Last time I sent a rod back to Shimano in CA it was about $30 FEDEX ground.

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Go to Academy and ask them for the empty cardboard shipping tubes, they have just given them to me in the past. i have also used the triangle fedex boxes and take 2-3 together with no issues. Last time I sent a rod back to Shimano in CA it was about $30 FEDEX ground.

This...I've done it dozens of times. PVC is good, too, just get the thin-wall type. $25-$30 is about right.

OLDMANHERMAN

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    SLIDELL LOUISIANA
    I use the USPS shipping tubes to ship the one peace rods 50/80/ and above class rods . I tape two shipping tubs together and use a third tube around the center for strength . I found shipping USPS parcel post less expensive than UPS or FEDEX .Of course this will depend on the weight . You can google each of the shipping comp. and get a real close estimate on your package .
    Hope this helps
    OLDMANHERMAN

Top Bottom