Need info. on reloading

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I need some advice on doing my own reloading for my single shot 7.62x39. What would be the least expensive reloader I should use, where can I get the brass, powder. bullerts, primers. I've done loading before for a .243 using a Lee handloader but I am leery of this type of loader where you use impact to seat the primers (I had one go off before..scary). I was wondering if an inexpensive turret type would work. Thanks for helping.

One more question, could I use any of the 7.62 (30 cal.) bullets?

HK770

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Hi, Jimdana1942

While I do not know much !! I'll tell you what I think I know. I reload for both ak & sks in 7.62X39 and use Hogdon BLC2 powder (30gr). W/124 Gr bullet. Please start lower and watch for pressure signs. I use RCBs single stage press and RCBS dies. While most all dies will fit press I like RCBS dies. Reloading can be a bit costly to start... Press/dies/ scale/ case trimer ....and the like! But I Find it's part of the shooting hobbie.
    The 7.62X39 isn't .308 (30 cal) but rather .311 dia. The .308 would be to small to contact barrel lands/groves. As for components you might try here!!

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/inde... junior

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Great info..If anyone could tell me where I could find a Classic Lee Loader (the very basic model) in a 7.62x39 please let me know. I have been looking on the 'net but no luck yet, not even the Lee website. If I could get one of those I could get me a Lee auto prime that should be good for me. Thanks for yalls help.

Thanks Request Dust Off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom