Need some advice..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Interesting idea.. I tend to have the sheeple mindset. I sit where the hostess takes us too... :) I never think of anything happening but I see your point.

sigman722

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Plaquemine
    When my Wife and I were dating she made the statement "I don't like guns They kill people" I explained to her that a gun has never loaded itself and aimed and discharged. A gun is a tool if used correctly it can be a great life saving device. People Kill people. It started a long time ago with a rock. It was his own brother who hit him with a rock. If you want to do someone harm you are going to find something to help you. That was 4 and a half great years ago. She is now a CHP carrying owner of a nice xd sub compact with a laser/light combo. She also shoots my sig 226 very well. Our daughter will e 2 on the 27th and we have taken precautions to keep them away from her till she is old enough to understand. I feel your uncertainty about the carry issue. I carry mine in my truck. I take it out and it goes high and secure. I keep a 12 guage under the bed for inside the house. Not loaded in chamber and on safety. Until she gets a lot bigger and can handle it. I was about 3and a half when my dad started taking me hunting and trapping. I hope to do the same with my daughter. I already have my eye on a pink bb gun. LOL:mamoru:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    How do you choose to sit?? Never really heard anyone make a preference one way or another?

Situational awareness. Sit in a position that allows you to have the largest field of view, sight of the door allows you to see who enters and gives your "radar" more time to perk up, sitting as far as possible away from the door gives you the most time to prepare a response and act if necessary, sitting in a position with your back away from the door minimizes your area of responsibility and allows you to focus more on a smaller area.

My wife and I always sit across from each other so that we are also watching each others back.

That said, this is an almost subconscious thing. It is not like a ninja tactic we perform. Sometimes when we walk into a restaurant, when we get to the table, she automatically moves the silverware to where she knows it should be.

We also have a plan in the event I have to engage someone or we draw fire for some reason.:cool:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    A car will percent more danger to you and you family. More so every day as you go about

doing your daily activity's than the gun on the side of a law abiding person.

Autos and power tools and swimming pools do more harm to kids and teens than guns.

Guns like power tools should not be play with by kids, keep them out of reach.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    gun

I lived in Boston Mass in 1945 to 1955.I used my guns three times.no shooting
    I knew a bunch of bad guys syick up men they did their business in the safe part of town.thats where the money was.no one commited a crime where I live as the mafia did not allow it.[their families lived there]so its the safe parts that get robbed.I dont care except around my property,90 acres,protection from wild dogs and coyotes.its prety well known that bodies disapper if you try any thing.even if they dont.20 minutes is sheriff response time.
    as to children its up to the parents to instill.safety.I had gun colections all my life and out in open.so the kids knew they were there and never touched.
    I would take them with me shooting and show them what happened .a two gallon can with water hit with a 30/06 was very impressive.and a gallon jug of water hit with a full 38 or 45 was an eye opener.and disipline of a child is a must.you are the parent teacher and MUST see that the child is taught the rules.if the school interferes in your training you must stand up to them.when the child comes home and tells you he/she will do as they please because the teacher says they have a mind of there own.its time to staighten both out I have done it.

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    my annalogy for CC to anyone who asks why i carry a gun all the time is

"do you only wear a seatbelt when you know your are going to be in an accident?"

works everytime.

i do also like Nolacopusmc's sig quote....
    Wife: Are you really gonna need your gunS there?
    Me: If I knew that already, we would be staying home.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I don't mind a person asking questions about why I carry. Especially when they really want to learn.

I'm impressed by this woman. She sees what she thinks is a problem...she addresses it intelligently...she seeks the truth by asking people who know...she is open to the answers and to the change they bring about in her life...

There is some hope in the world! People can change their minds!

This is NOT the "Hope & Change" we were promised and I glad of it!

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    It is one of the sickest, most helpless feelings to be attacked by a violent felon and not be armed to defend yourself. This happened to me in a "safe" part of town. I was lucky to be in perfect shape and was able to get away.
    Next morning, the felon attacked another, armed man in the same location. No shot was fired, but the felon went to see the judge, who revoked all probation/parole and the bad guy went away instantly for a long time. When I found out what he had been prison for, I was amazed that they had let him out in the first place.
    I never go unarmed since that. Once something like that happens to you, you'll see; IF IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU !
    leVieux

Top Bottom