Need to Install a Wood Heater

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDuhe87

PADUE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Prairieville
    I am looking to find a company or somebody to install my wood heater in my metal building. i have tried all these fireplace companies online around the Baton Rouge area and none of them want to do the installation because i didn't buy the heater from them. if you know of anybody that can do it please let me know. Located in Prairieville.
    Thanks

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Still looking for someone.

You're looking for a metal building erector, sheetmetal shop or roofing contractor that installs PBR or standing seam roof panels. Making the roof or sidewall penetration watertight is likely a piece of cake for one of those tradesmen.

There are several considerations in installing a wood heater and they can all be found here:

https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/8390-204i_Encore Model 2040-CAT-C_Install.pdf

I installed and ran this stove for a decade (sole source of heat) then gave it to my parents.

You want to get to know your heater VERY well and installing it yourself is a good way to start the relationship. That may sound kooky, it ain't. Changes in the outside air temp, a slight breeze vs a still evening, rain or no rain -all of these things (and much more) affect the way your stove will perform. If you want to send me a few photos of your stove placement and roofline /sidewall piping location, I may be able to help more.

Top Bottom