Need to mine some SLACKER knowledge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Ok, so I bought this print and had it framed:

f88a7mncnc5y0am8pxbs.jpg

And I traded G19MAG for his TULA build. Now I want to find furniture for it that matches the color of the furniture in this print. Then I will hang it on the wall above the print in the livingroom and it will be a piece of wall art that I can grab in a pinch and investigate noises outside. I live in a very rural area.

Also, I want a mag that matches the one in the print. Can someone identify it? A link to buy one?

Also, I want to mount a small picatinny rail on the left side of the rifle to attach a light to. The rail will be hidden while it is hanging. Might even have it duracoated to match the color of the furniture so it won't stand out. What are your thoughts on the best way to go about it? Drill the handguard?

The mag doesn't even need to be functional and will be just for show. A real mag will be hidden close by along with a dedicated weapon light ready to slide on to the rail.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Looks like a Bulgy bakelite mag.
    Furniture would probably be birch, with just a natural urethane sealer.
    You could probably find non-laminated surplus furniture and refinish on the cheap.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I have never seen factory furniture like that except for the Ironwood stuff. The mag is a Russian slabside, they can run close to $100 now, if you can find one.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I have a small rail if you need it

I may have one somewhere already. If not, I'll buy that one off of you.

I have never seen factory furniture like that except for the Ironwood stuff. The mag is a Russian slabside, they can run close to $100 now, if you can find one.

$100 pre-hysteria or post-hysteria?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They beat me to it. Russian slabside mag, and the furniture is not standard Russian. A set of Ironwood blonde furniture with just clear or shellac would do the trick.

As for adding a rail, the RS Products barrel mounted rail pic rail/light mount is probably the best option. Good design and no need to jack up the handguard.

https://www.primaryarms.com/RS_Products_BM_1_Light_Mount_p/rs-bm1.htm

Slabside mag:
    slabside012.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    In that case yes, you can buy a simple 2" rail section and mount it with wood screws if you're careful. The downside is the AK handguards are small and the rail/light eat up a lot of room.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    In that case yes, you can buy a simple 2" rail section and mount it with wood screws if you're careful. The downside is the AK handguards are small and the rail/light eat up a lot of room.

Yep, just got done looking at the red furniture on it now. I wonder if small bolts and nuts wouldn't hold better. Think there is room inside for a nut?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    It's probably possible but it's pretty tight in there. I'd have to pull a rifle out and look.

Don't go through the trouble bro. I'll sit down tomorrow and pull this one apart. I'll also dig through my parts and see if I have some old rommy furniture I could possibly strip down. Hey, didn't someone on here have some ironwood blonde for sale at one time?

Top Bottom