Need warranty work, but no response from manufacturer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I bought a 1911 from Academy in 2011. The company says that it has a lifetime warranty as long as the original owner has the gun. I sent an email on the 16th requesting info on what to do for service, such as return authorization numbers. I haven't heard anything yet. I don't want to air dirty laundry about a company if neither necessary nor warranted, so I don't feel that I should say which brand. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Should I be going through Academy to get warranty work? I have never seen a pistol have so much trouble feeding before and the white dots on the sights have all fallen off. It only has a few hundred rounds through it and it lives in a safe. I just need to get it fixed before I sell it so that I can sleep at night. If anybody has any ideas, let me know please. I guess I will have to send another email or try to get a live person on the phone. I am just surprised that I have not received a response to my email.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    A brand name might help prevent a member from making the same mistake you did. Please keep us apprised on your progress. You may try an internet search to see if there is another way to contact mfg. Academy may have other contact information.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    Just my opinion, but I feel you should share the name of the manufacturer if only to allow your friends here to avoid the same pitfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    Maybe someone else had an issue and got their hands on some good info like numbers/email addy?

Can't help you if you stay silent though.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It is not uncommon for the white dots on S&W pistols to fall off. Call S&W, Taurus or whoever made the pistol and talk to a live person.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So you'd sleep better at night knowing you sold a POS pistol to someone else who may try to defend themselves with it......:eek4:

I think he said he wants to get it "fixed before" he sells it. What's wrong with that?

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I have warned a few people in person to think twice before purchasing from this manufacturer, I just thought it might be bad form to blast it over the internet. But I see the point, so here goes...Para Ordnance GI Expert. Full disclosure, I know someone who collects 1911's, and he told me that his Para GI Expert is one of his most reliable models that he has owned. Unfortunately, it seems that I am not the only one having these problems. I did some research and found out that there have been some major quality control issues ever since they moved production to the U.S. I was really excited to finally get a 1911, and I was proud to purchase it 100 years after it was invented. Now I can't wait to get rid of it. However, I would rather just throw it in the bottom of the ocean before I sold it to someone who might rely on it. This is the second pistol that has been unreliable to me. The other one was traded to a friend for some of his ammo, and he knew 100% of its failures. Therefore, my hope is to get it fixed correctly so that I can sell it to someone as a functional pistol with FULL disclosure of its past issues. I keep a log of my range trips, so I have documents of how many rounds and how many failures the pistol has seen. I am tired of staring at boxes of .45 ammo just waiting to be used. If it shoots reliably when I get it back, then I will sell it. The last thing I would do is bring it to a pawn shop or something and try to pull a fast one.

I still haven't gotten a response to my email. It is in my sent mail, so I think it went through. I guess I will have to call on the phone this week to see if I can through to someone over there.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I have warned a few people in person to think twice before purchasing from this manufacturer, I just thought it might be bad form to blast it over the internet. But I see the point, so here goes...Para Ordnance GI Expert. Full disclosure, I know someone who collects 1911's, and he told me that his Para GI Expert is one of his most reliable models that he has owned. Unfortunately, it seems that I am not the only one having these problems. I did some research and found out that there have been some major quality control issues ever since they moved production to the U.S. I was really excited to finally get a 1911, and I was proud to purchase it 100 years after it was invented. Now I can't wait to get rid of it. However, I would rather just throw it in the bottom of the ocean before I sold it to someone who might rely on it. This is the second pistol that has been unreliable to me. The other one was traded to a friend for some of his ammo, and he knew 100% of its failures. Therefore, my hope is to get it fixed correctly so that I can sell it to someone as a functional pistol with FULL disclosure of its past issues. I keep a log of my range trips, so I have documents of how many rounds and how many failures the pistol has seen. I am tired of staring at boxes of .45 ammo just waiting to be used. If it shoots reliably when I get it back, then I will sell it. The last thing I would do is bring it to a pawn shop or something and try to pull a fast one.

I still haven't gotten a response to my email. It is in my sent mail, so I think it went through. I guess I will have to call on the phone this week to see if I can through to someone over there.

Your doing everything right don't worry about the comment above plus anyone buying a 1911 should know not to trust it "lol JJ".

I think Para will take care of you. Sometimes emails get backed up try to call them Monday and see what they say. Keep us posted.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Another contact for Para is Travis Tomasie. Easiest way to contact him is on BrianEnos Forum. His username is "T_T" send him a PM

Top Bottom