Needing more help from the Baton Rouge crew

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tubbs

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yall help me alot in getting my apartment at Oakleigh on Perkins Rd so i need your help again.

My wife and i will have to switch cell phone providers as well as bank. So who has the best cell service in the area? Also what are some of the better banks? Regions will not be in The running due to previous experience.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I prefer to use Credit Unions rather than the large banks. They have much higher interest rates and they seem like they get to know you more. You might want to check out the Dow Federal Credit Union. I don't think you have to be a Dow employee to join. Most credit unions also have "alliances" with major bank ATMs so that ATM withdrawals are free from their machines.

https://www.dowlafcu.org/webfederal.asp

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    My cell service is with AT&T. I havn't been with any other provider in over a decade so I really don't have any way to compare.
    I bank with Hancock. Good, stable bank which just bought The Whitney.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Just a wild guess, but I would say at least 60% of Baton Rouge residents have AT&T wireless service. So if you intend to call people in Baton Rouge frequently, it's a free call.

As for a bank, I wanted to echo the suggestion for a Credit Union. I used to Bank with Hiberina, but switched to Teacher's Federal Credit Union (Now Neighbors FCU) whenever I got married in '03. I have all my loans through them. My only complaint is a lack in features via their website but other than that no real complaints.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have Verizon with no complaints, switched from AT&T a few years back and haven't regretted it.

I bank with Whitney and don't have any problems, they remember me at my main branch as well as the other two branches I visit occasionally. I just started working extra duty at Louisiana USA Credit Union on Airline near Bluebonnet so I got an account there as well for payroll, they are all good people up there but there is only one branch and a small satellite office at the new Coca Cola plant near the airport. They have ATM and some transaction agreements with lots of places though

tubbs

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the help guys. I will look into all of those banks.

Also if any of you guys are insurance agents let me know. I have to change my car insurance and Im thinking about going with USAA but would like to compare rates.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    i love campus federal credit union. have at&t for cell, not thrilled but haven't found anyone else to be much better.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Campus Federal is great.... high interest rates, no ATM fees (or reimbursments).

We just switched to Verizon, we like it so far, but these are our first really nice phones and we are a little enamoured with them.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have AT&T, but the biggest reason is that it has the best reception at my camp which is located in BFE.....

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    There is a Neighbors Federal Credit Union on Perkins towards Seigen from Oakleigh. They have several branches across Baton Rouge. There is also an AT&T store on Perkins near Seigan and a Corporate AT&T store on Seigen across the interstate.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    I've had AT&T/Cingular/Cellular One since I was 18 and have never had an issue with reception or service that could not be resolved with a customer service phone call and there's only been around 2 in 16 years. My wife and I have banked with Capital One for 11 years and again no problems.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I think verizon or att are about the same right here but att wins hands down in more rural areas and trust me, I am everywhere .. 5200 miles in 3.5 weeks.. all in L a and Ms.

second vote for neighbors.. but chase has a lot more atms.. We use NFCU.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Thats a pretty convenient part of town, pretty much any bank, store, etc you can imagine within a few miles, but also not too terribly far to get out of town either.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom