negligent gun owner allows 4 year old to shoot self

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I don't have children and I still do not keep a chambered round. To each his own, but it isn't worth an accidental discharge IMO. I'm sure there are plenty that would disagree.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    In my world, stupid deserves jail time. About 10 years should do it.

I'm not necessarily against that, but there isn't anything the jury will hand him at this point worse than what he's dealing with permanently.

My program when I had children changed big time. I've got security doors on every entrance, and obstructions deterring external window entry. I don't live in a fortress, but I do have strategic placements all installed to the tune of giving me as much time as possible to "be ready". None of my firearms have one chambered with a toddler in the house, and my edc goes in a biometric safe the second it leaves my hip. I cannot imagine a scenario in my home in which the 1 second to rack the slide was a life or death mistake.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Knives, hard candy, trampolines, thumbtacks, cleaners, etc..... They are all gangrenous to small children and probably account for more deaths than guns. We as adults must make wise choices as to what we leave out in the open and access alb to our children. Horribly tragedy no matter how or what causes the death of a child. But it seems that the agenda here is that only guns kill children because of bad parents.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Knives, hard candy, trampolines, thumbtacks, cleaners, etc..... They are all gangrenous to small children and probably account for more deaths than guns. We as adults must make wise choices as to what we leave out in the open and access alb to our children. Horribly tragedy no matter how or what causes the death of a child. But it seems that the agenda here is that only guns kill children because of bad parents.

Your statement is true, but it doesn't take away from the firearm related deaths. The leading cause of death for children under 18 is Preventable Accidents - which includes drinking bleach, falling into pools, falling out of windows/platforms, and getting shot by a negligent parent.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I agree but remove the gun and there is no news here. My son lost a classmate 5yrs old because his grandmother left thumbtacks on the counter and he swallowed one. Didn't even make the paper. If it was a gun left out (which is negligent) grandma would b in prison or in court fighting for freedom. Not trying to justify any death of a child but I am saying that whenever a gun is involved it gets blasted all over to push an anti-gun agenda my the media. Right and left. All kids matter not just the ones that die by the gun.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I agree but remove the gun and there is no news here. My son lost a classmate 5yrs old because his grandmother left thumbtacks on the counter and he swallowed one. Didn't even make the paper. If it was a gun left out (which is negligent) grandma would b in prison or in court fighting for freedom. Not trying to justify any death of a child but I am saying that whenever a gun is involved it gets blasted all over to push an anti-gun agenda my the media. Right and left. All kids matter not just the ones that die by the gun.

and that is probably very accurate, sadly. My pet peeve is kids left in vehicles in the summer time - half the time it doesn't even make the news anymore. - When it does, its a bystander being brought up on charges because they broke the window of a mercedes with a plastic doll in a baby seat.

Don't get me started...

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The device that I'm developing at this moment would prevent these types of deaths. I just wish I had more time to finish the prototype so I could go to production with it.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been working on it for a little over a year now and the "Trigger/Chamber" discipline is cheaper this device would ensure safety no matter if you were disciplined or not.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been working on it for a little over a year now and the "Trigger/Chamber" discipline is cheaper this device would ensure safety no matter if you were disciplined or not.

interesting. when you've got it secured with a utility patent please pm me. I'd like to know more, and I frequently invest in firearms related startup projects.

Top Bottom