Never again...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It’s been said numerous times, there is no opposition to a paper trail. The paper trail is there when the firearm is originally purchased. The problem is the wording of the pictured BOS. I even posted the problem I would have with it in detail. If some would sign it then great, I and others would not. It was also said by Magpul and me that we have signed BOS in the past without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Correct. Add to that, I signed a one page BOS at the time of sale as I stated. Had he brought out the 3 page bag of crap at that time, I’d have declined.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't think the issue is Austin. I think the issue is only a partial set of facts may have presented. Unless I missed an earlier mention, it wasn't until post #53 that is was mentioned the BOS was sent after the transaction. Without that bit of information, it's not unreasonable to come to the conclusion that the bill of sale was presented at the time of the sale.
    Is there an issue? No issue here... nope, none over here either.

My first post was a simple statement and the 3 page draft. No attempt at hiding info. As I said, the fact that it came after the sale and I’d already signed a BOS added to the degree of aggravation for me, but I would not have signed his second offering at any point.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    And finally an update:
    I received a call from said attorney this afternoon and he said he just wanted to remind me about the BOS and to please drop it in the mail at my earliest convenience. I told him something to the effect of:
    Ya know, I printed the file and I have to say, whether you’re aware or not, this is about as far into excess as I can imagine for a private sale. I’ll gladly have a look at the original BOS and if I signed in error, I’ll sign on the appropriate line or I can mail you a copy of mine as it’s signed correctly and also more accurately represents the actual sale that took place.
    He asked what part of the new BOS I had a problem with and I told him the entire thing.
    after about 4 ‘Hmmm’ noises over half a minute, I figured I’d break the tension with more why. I explained that I’d bought and sold privately many times over the years and I felt like introducing more paperwork than is necessary even for a commercial sale was just a no go for me and that I’ve signed contracts and affidavits for other legal matters that were less involved and that such an involved BOS has no place in a private sale in my honest opinion. I closed with, ‘I realize you’re the attorney here, but I’m the seller. Let me know if I can send you a copy of my BOS. I’ve received no request for a copy at this time.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is there an issue? No issue here... nope, none over here either.

My first post was a simple statement and the 3 page draft. No attempt at hiding info. As I said, the fact that it came after the sale and I’d already signed a BOS added to the degree of aggravation for me, but I would not have signed his second offering at any point.

The only issue was you accusing someone of being the voice of opposition right after they agreed with you. And nobody said you were hiding information. But not all the information was presented in the initial 1 or 2 or 52 posts.

And finally an update:
    I received a call from said attorney this afternoon and he said he just wanted to remind me about the BOS and to please drop it in the mail at my earliest convenience. I told him something to the effect of:
    Ya know, I printed the file and I have to say, whether you’re aware or not, this is about as far into excess as I can imagine for a private sale. I’ll gladly have a look at the original BOS and if I signed in error, I’ll sign on the appropriate line or I can mail you a copy of mine as it’s signed correctly and also more accurately represents the actual sale that took place.
    He asked what part of the new BOS I had a problem with and I told him the entire thing.
    after about 4 ‘Hmmm’ noises over half a minute, I figured I’d break the tension with more why. I explained that I’d bought and sold privately many times over the years and I felt like introducing more paperwork than is necessary even for a commercial sale was just a no go for me and that I’ve signed contracts and affidavits for other legal matters that were less involved and that such an involved BOS has no place in a private sale in my honest opinion. I closed with, ‘I realize you’re the attorney here, but I’m the seller. Let me know if I can send you a copy of my BOS. I’ve received no request for a copy at this time.

When he calls back, just tell him he has the wrong number.

Or better yet, he's asking you to verify certain conditions are true but you do not know if the weapon has been altered since he took possession of it. You cannot attest to the condition of the weapon because you cannot verify the chain of custody of the weapon.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    And finally an update:
    Damn it, I bet that kraut-tet is on you're no sale list even when hell freezes over....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lol, well, no issue that I can see.
    I think the guy knows where we stand. I doubt I’ll hear back from him, especially knowing that I signed the original BOS correctly.
    Yeah Gator, I won’t be dealing with him in the future. I called the attorney friend of mine who arranged the sale, or asked if I’d sell the guy a rifle. I ran things by him and told him he might hear something from the guy. He made no attempt to defend his colleague. He simply said that he was surprised and I shouldn’t worry about it. He apologized for any trouble and that I was the only person he could think of to refer for the rifle and trigger install situation the guy was looking for.
    For all I know, the guy just thought he should be ultra uber overly careful and cover all the bases, idk. I’ve never had anyone go so far to buy a firearm and I’m not willing to go to extremes for no reason.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I think the price is only needed if the seller is claiming that income on their taxes.

A few people here will balk at having their license number on the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you are right. The driver license number is an identifier. My reason is for proof we are both LA residents. I am pretty sure some BOS require DOB

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    More drama in this thread than on a day time soap.

I reckon some would be disappointed if there weren’t? But yeah, I agree.

Btw, if anyone would like some for future private sales, I’ll gladly oblige after I blot out the private info and make some copies. I know I’m gonna keep a copy for my reference.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am sure you are right. The driver license number is an identifier. My reason is for proof we are both LA residents. I am pretty sure some BOS require DOB

In my opinion, a bill of sale is useless unless there is some sort of identifier. A bill of sale shows ownership of something was transferred from one person to another person. If the to or from cannot be identified, the bill of sale is as useful as you writing "I ain't got this no more" on a sheet of paper.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    In my opinion, a bill of sale is useless unless there is some sort of identifier. A bill of sale shows ownership of something was transferred from one person to another person. If the to or from cannot be identified, the bill of sale is as useful as you writing "I ain't got this no more" on a sheet of paper.
    Bingo.
    For your own records, even if the buyer doesn’t want to sign a BOS, a pic of the DL will give enough details to include in your private record of the sale. And yeah, you really should keep records. That’s my minimum. It’s easy to just pull your ID out and say let’s get pics of each other’s DL so we have a record. I’ve never had a refusal.
    I can tell you that if a detective ever comes to your door to question you about a firearm, as soon as you pull out a binder of complete records of your firearms it will set the mood in your favor for more than one reason.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Bingo.
    For your own records, even if the buyer doesn’t want to sign a BOS, a pic of the DL will give enough details to include in your private record of the sale. And yeah, you really should keep records. That’s my minimum. It’s easy to just pull your ID out and say let’s get pics of each other’s DL so we have a record. I’ve never had a refusal.
    I can tell you that if a detective ever comes to your door to question you about a firearm, as soon as you pull out a binder of complete records of your firearms it will set the mood in your favor for more than one reason.

Dam Bruh, A whole big azz binder? He will ask to see that FFL license,

How many pew pews can one sale per year?

I occasionally buy,sale or trade something off simply because I'm tired of or don't use something.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Just for shits and giggles .....Is there any documented case of somebody being charged and convicted of a crime based solely on the fact that they purchased a certain firearm years ago ? No evidence , no motive , nothing . Just a 4473 that said you owned it at SOME point .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dam Bruh, A whole big azz binder? He will ask to see that FFL license,

How many pew pews can one sale per year?

I occasionally buy,sale or trade something off simply because I'm tired of or don't use something.
    A man can go through a lot of guns in a lifetime. My binder contains records of what I currently own as well. Don’t need a FFL to own guns

- - - Updated - - -

Just for shits and giggles .....Is there any documented case of somebody being charged and convicted of a crime based solely on the fact that they purchased a certain firearm years ago ? No evidence , no motive , nothing . Just a 4473 that said you owned it at SOME point .
    Prolly an extreme rarity.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom