New Addition To The Family!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Well the wife and my 7yr old had been on my case for a while to get him a puppy since he is basically an only child since his older 15yr old brother lives with his mom and does not spend that much time at our home. Was thinking of a beagle for him and located one at the local animal shelter. When I showed up at the shelter, the couple ahead of me chose the beagle I was interested in. Somewhat disappointed I still chose to view what dogs were available and felt an atttachment to a 1yr old Terrier Daschund mix female pup. Went ahead with the adoption, brought her home and now I have one very happy son and a very happy wife. A very sweet dog that is active, very playful and in my opinion a very good addition to the family.

Attachments

• 000_0397.jpg
      000_0397.jpg
      232.4 KB · Views: 139

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I am all about adopting from a shelter if I can. We adopted an orange tabby cat from that same shelter about 10yrs ago for my oldest son who is now 15. Arthur was about 2yrs old then so that makes him about 12yrs old now. He is still alive, active, and going strong today. If you didnt see the slight grey/white around his muzzle, you would think he was a middle aged cat instead of an older cat. And when introduced to "Cookie", they both hit it off okay.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That's awesome. Good on y'all for rescuing from the pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The dog you ended up with was the better of the two. Nothing against beagles, but they bark non stop and that gets old really quick. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Happy kids make happy adults.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The dog you ended up with was the better of the two. Nothing against beagles, but they bark non stop and that gets old really quick. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Happy kids make happy adults.

I loved my little beagle but you are very correct. He loved to bark and I haven't heard of many that don't like to do a bit of digging lol

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

I loved my little beagle but you are very correct. He loved to bark and I haven't heard of many that don't like to do a bit of digging lol

You two are both correct. I owned one years ago and now remember it doing both of those things. Had forgotten of those "bad" habits.

Top Bottom