New airgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Been having it for a couple weeks now. Was looking for something that was fairly quiet to shoot in the backyard. I wound up choosing a Benjamin Trail NP. Love it so far. One of the quietest air guns I have shot with this sort of power. Definitely not a kids BB gun.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So how do you go about putting air in that one? I have heard bicycle pump type devices for some and air pumps for others. It looks nice.

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    So how do you go about putting air in that one? I have heard bicycle pump type devices for some and air pumps for others. It looks nice.

It's a Nitro Piston. It's similar to a single shot/cock springer but it uses a nitrogen filled ram in lieu of the spring. You're thinking of PCP's, Pre-Charged-Pneumatics. They can use a pump similar to a bicycle pump, a specialized air compressor or scuba tanks to charge for multiple shots.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    It's a Nitro Piston. It's similar to a single shot/cock springer but it uses a nitrogen filled ram in lieu of the spring. You're thinking of PCP's, Pre-Charged-Pneumatics. They can use a pump similar to a bicycle pump, a specialized air compressor or scuba tanks to charge for multiple shots.

Correct. Much quieter than any spring based platform that I have heard. That was my biggest issue with the spring based ones. This one just cracks in half (needs a decent amount of strength to do in itself) and is ready to go.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Correct. Much quieter than any spring based platform that I have heard. That was my biggest issue with the spring based ones. This one just cracks in half (needs a decent amount of strength to do in itself) and is ready to go.

Did you get the .22 or the .177?

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Awesome - When's the pool party at the new CASA?
    Can kinda tell by the pics, you have a nice pool.

Lol thanks man. Pool is pretty damn cold now. Costs a fortune to turn to heater on. We may do it once this winter for the hell of it for a party.

- - - Updated - - -

Be sure and check out these http://www.charliedatuna.com/GRT-III Trigger New.htm

There's a check to see which one of his triggers will work with the trail NP. http://www.charliedatuna.com/airgun_docs/Benji Trigger update 10_27_12.pdf

If there's one that will fit with yours they are well worth the $30 or so. Huge difference.

I have heard of doing this. Thanks for the link man. Will definitely be doing it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have 4 or 5 kinds of Gamo pellets, and then two tins of match grade pellets. I haven't decided what I like the most yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have found that all of the pellets are consistently inconsistent so far. But I also haven't sighted the scope in...so that could be part of the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Top Bottom