New Bayou Shooter scam?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Sometimes it’s like people get gratification just by pretending to be interested in something. I’m feeling people who ask questions that are already answered in your post are red flags
    Depending on what is being sold I'll ask questions, that are answered in the post,in a PM or text so I will have it "in my file". A post can be edited out but not my text and PMs.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    i dealt with this guy in question… he is military or ex military and is a captain… he showed me his engraving and it was really nice… he met me in my area and had no problem… you never know what he has going on in his life maybe something happened or he got busy with work
    That was my first thought - both times. But it only takes a quick text/call to say "sorry, changed my mind". Common courtesy ain't so common any more. :)

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I also have had 99% good dealings with BS members and have dealt with many. The only intent of this thread was to warn fellow members of the possibility of a non member troll. That doesn't seem to be the case so my apologies to the good captain if I besmirched his reputation in any way. Good luck with future purchases (with other members).

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for feedback on "snowflakes", no shows, and the like, and after no response, avoiding time wasting communication. Can't figure the motivation for their initial contact - is it some form of phishing? Admittedly, inept at internet security.

pandabear

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    That was my first thought - both times. But it only takes a quick text/call to say "sorry, changed my mind". Common courtesy ain't so common any more. :)
    That was my sentiment exactly. It's no big deal if you change your mind. But just say so!
    I have this happened with a "newer" member recently. I showed him what I got, he showed me what he got. He was super excited about the exchange. At first he wanted to make it happen right than and there. I'm in BR, he's coming from Lake Charles. Than all of a sudden, he went complete silence. Poof! He was gone, not even answering his phone!
    I should have known when he said he has to catch a ride first!!!! Lol

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    As for people flaking, lowballing and asking for conditions that are clearly covered in the original post it’s gotten a lot worse on BS lately. So I have changed my dealings in a couple ways.
    1) Everything is handled using PMs (no text/calls) unless you already have my number many members do.
    2) No holding, 1st cash gets it (unless we’ve done business before or you are a longtime member with a significant amount of feedback).
    3) Slightest bad vibe and I move on.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    As a retired OSV captain for 43 years I do not know of any drug use in the Offshore industry at the 2 company's that I worked for. one was a very good local company (you almost had to be from the bayou) and the other was world wide with random drug testing.

Scrape

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2024
    French Settlement
    We all have events in our lives that may change such situations, however communication can be very easy for most of us…. Most of us.

I’m old school. When I commit to someone it’s a done deal. I don’t want the guilt I would feel by backing out on someone, a personal thing.
    I’ve had many nice deals here that went as smoothly as one could expect.

And then there’s the 2 times I feel I got shafted, both were to be purchases that the sellers either would not respond timely, or at all after the initial communication between us.

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    The flakes and the potential for a theft setup are the reason I don't list my number and never deal with members with no feedback. I know that upsets some new folks, but my time and safety mean more to me than some stranger's feelings and a little potential cash.
    I have this guy’s phone number if anybody wants it

Top Bottom