New Boat building project.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Alright, I'm done with the traditional Pirogue for the most part. I'm moving on to my next project.

PP.JPG

While not a "traditional" Pirogue or a Pirogue by definition it should be much more stable than the flat bottom pirogue. It will draft 3" of water so it can still go where traditional Pirouges go.

The tumblehome panel makes reaching the water with the paddle much easier. It also allowed us to lower the maximum beam down toward the water. The bottom panels were narrowed slightly. This, along with the slight V-bottom the allowsthe hull to sit just a bit lower in the water. All 4 features combined makes for very easy and stable paddling.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What kind of wood are you using and where are you getting it from???

I have 2 or 3 boat plans around the garage, and I have been seriously wanting to build a 17ft skiff for some salt marsh fishing.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    nice, I did a plywood pirogue once, used fiberglass resin instead of epoxy which made it super heavy. left it at my old house when i moved.

I'd like to see some more pic's
    ETA: I couldn't find it earlier, I built this kit
    http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nice, I did a plywood pirogue once, used fiberglass resin instead of epoxy which made it super heavy. left it at my old house when i moved.

I'd like to see some more pic's
    ETA: I couldn't find it earlier, I built this kit
    http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/

I debated between Uncle John's plans and JEM. I opted for JEM since I wouldn't have to build the ribs and the stem/stren pieces. I have a table saw but it's just not very reliable.

I did, however, end up getting UJ's Pirogue and Bateau plans due to him hosting the files directly from the website. If I were to ever use them I would still pay him for the plans - in fact I've been meaning to bring that to his attention so he could take some security measures.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom