New bow?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jefro83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Raceland
    I'm looking to purchase a new bow. I shoot a diamond stinger presently that's about 10yrs old. I've been looking at the mathews helium, ZXT, Z7 extreme and the creed. Anyone have any opinions on these?

Jefro83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Raceland
    I'm kinda leaning towards the Z7 extreme. My local shop has one on sale for $700. IBO of 330 fps. 28" axle to axle. 3.8 lbs. I drew it back and it felt pretty good. Actually they all felt good. I hunt from a climber so the short length is a big factor.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I would have gotten a Z7 when I bought mine, but my draw length is too long (32") and had to bump up to the Z9. I am getting 285fps at 55lbs which is plenty for me and I can shoot it all day long if I want. They are very solid and accurate bows, and the short axle length is great for hunting out of a climber or especially blinds (I am 6'9" ask me how I know). The brace height is larger than most bows, so it is really forgiving even for quick shots. Best part is they are very QUIET........... so many I hear in the woods sound like 2X4's clapping. Shoot good arrows (Carbon Express Blue) at the correct weight and you'll be amazed.

Jefro83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Raceland
    Shot a ZXT, helium, and chill today. All 3 shot awesome. Helium was very light. ZXT felt too heavy. Chill just felt huge. I decided to go with the helium.

Top Bottom