New car for wife- Rav4 or CR-V?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    We're picking up the car on Monday. She wanted a specific color that they didn't have on the lot :rolleyes:

We were impressed with both vehicles, but we felt like with the exception of the upgraded technology, everything about the CR-V was better. And really, who's going to buy movie tickets from their car while they're driving down the highway?

If anybody is shopping, I have to give props to our sales lady. Cherie Orgeron at Barker Honda in Houma really took care of us. She gave us a great deal without us having to do any haggling, too, and I did my research so we would have known if we were getting ripped off.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I would've said Honda myself, but im a longtime Honda fan so im biased.... I mean, I've got a 97 Crv, 99crv <-- parts cars, RHD Japanese spec Integra Type R and daily drive a 2002 Odyssey so yeah...... Haha.

Last edited:

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Have owned a RAV4 Sport since March 2011. The only issue has been the OEM battery just failed a week or so ago at three years old.

Bought it for a more fuel efficient replacement for a Jeep Cherokee that had plenty of hauling space. Personally, not my favorite vehicle of all time (Jeeps and BMWs always did that for me :heart:) , but certainly practical, reliable transportation for a non-car guy or gal.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    My wife commutes every day from Covington to BR, so she puts a lot of miles on a car and it really has to be dependable. She went with a CR-V last time (she calls it a Honda Cervix! Ha.) and the thing was passed on to a relative after it turned over 150k miles and is still on the road with over 240k miles on it now. Tires, oil, and brakes is all it has had done to it. Pretty impressive little vehicle.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    My wife commutes every day from Covington to BR, so she puts a lot of miles on a car and it really has to be dependable. She went with a CR-V last time (she calls it a Honda Cervix! Ha.) and the thing was passed on to a relative after it turned over 150k miles and is still on the road with over 240k miles on it now. Tires, oil, and brakes is all it has had done to it. Pretty impressive little vehicle.

That's pretty much my experience with maintenance on Hondas. I had an Accord that we got up to nearly 200k miles before the transmission finally started to give out, with literally the only maintenance being oil changes, tires and brakes, and a new battery every few years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom