new concept.. just watched in WAFB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Duh! Believe I'll pass on this one. If I pull a gun even in the middle of the night I plan on shooting ,not wasting time as the intruder will have a gun.
    Don't come here expecting a safety bullet being in my gun.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Duh! Believe I'll pass on this one. If I pull a gun even in the middle of the night I plan on shooting ,not wasting time as the intruder will have a gun.

Why would it matter if the BG had a gun?

Anyway this is more about CHILD safety than anything else.

I kind of like the idea as the Handgun my wife plans on using if something happen while I was away is kept in condition 3 which means she already knows that she has to put the gun in Condition 1 before firing. Having this bullet already in the chamber could be a plus.

Might have to think on this one some more.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    what works even better is teaching your kids firearms safety instead of relying on some gimmick!

Yea that works for Tweens and above.

3,4,5 yr olds though is a different story.

Accidents happen, we've seen the news. Just the other day i was talking with someone who thought he had taught his 9 yr old EVERYTHING he needed to know over the last few years. Yet still the kids friend talked him into getting in his Dad's Gun safe b/c he knew where the key was. Those guns were unloaded, but hey, **** happens.

No reason to act all Mancho and play the "I don't need safety game". Not with kids anyway.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think that this would cost more time than it is worth, might as well put your guns in a safe.

+1 to Education being the key to firearm safety.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    That is the single worse "safety" item I have ever seen in my life. Don't leave a loaded gun around an unsupervised young child or at least a well trained/educated one! I had loaded guns in reach since I was 10 or so but wouldn't think of touching them without Dad around!

DeeMercer.jpg

God forbid you needed the gun and forgot that was in there. You just locked up your means of defense. That is not good. It would be safer and better left unloaded with at least the ammo locked up in my mind. YMMV

PS: Yes, at 10 I could reach them. I was 6'1" @ 210lbs at 13 and wasn't fat.

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    6'1" @ 300lbs, I am 75lbs FAT. Slowly loosing it but it is hard when ya can't exercise and most of your life is spent in a recliner. My knees and back are trashed from doing a LOT of stupid crap when I was younger like lifting a 350 Chevy Long block w/intake and exhaust manifolds attached and loading it into a truck by myself or picking up the front of VW Bugs for giggles and rolling one on it's roof my myself "because I could."

This was me at 11 or 12:

LiftingWeights.jpg

I was no more than 12 when this was taken. I was telling my dad about the tube ride down some rapids in Colorado we did on vacation.

VacationOnTheRapids.jpg

I got sent home from Jr High (8th grade?) for having sideburns and a mustache. My mom sent me back and told them I was too young to shave. LOL

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Yea that works for Tweens and above.

3,4,5 yr olds though is a different story.

Accidents happen, we've seen the news. Just the other day i was talking with someone who thought he had taught his 9 yr old EVERYTHING he needed to know over the last few years. Yet still the kids friend talked him into getting in his Dad's Gun safe b/c he knew where the key was. Those guns were unloaded, but hey, **** happens.

No reason to act all Mancho and play the "I don't need safety game". Not with kids anyway.

there were guns around in my house from the time i was wee lil one, i was taught to shoot at 5, and i knew damn sure that if i even touched a gun without my dad there i would not sit down for a week.
    maybe its all in the instruction.

Top Bottom