New enlistee in Red Stick checking in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaSOB

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2014
    Baton Rouge LA
    Howdy, y'all -

This is my first time over here on Bayou Shooter. I didn't even know it existed until one of my buds from Gunboards turned me on to it.

OK, a little about me. I've lived in Baton Rouge since 1978. I'm originally from Monroe, a north Louisiana Bible belt Southern Babdiss country boy, and proud of it! :) I'm a AF veteran - served one four-year hitch, part of it in Germany and the rest at England AFB in Alex. I was an air traffic controller in the AF, and when I separated I was hired by the FAA as a controller here at Greater Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airplane Patch. Then came August, 1981, and 11,500 of us made Ronald Reagan mad, and he fired us. Found me a job in private sector as an insurance investigator and did that for 10 years. In 1991 I went to work for the state, and I currently work for the Louisiana Department of Insurance, where I am assistant director in our Life and Annuity Division. I enforce the provisions of the Louisiana Insurance Code, handle consumer complaints, oversee contract forms review, investigate alleged agent violations, lots of other insurance-related things.

I'll turn 63 in August, and I'm looking to retire in maybe 4 years and change. Never did marry (and I'm NOT gay! :) ), just never could adjust to having someone around 24/7. God bless you guys who have wonderful wives - be good to 'em!

I have an 03 and a whole bunch of milsurp and modern guns, including a .50 BMG from State Arms. I've built a couple of bolt guns and an AR (the gun nut's Barbie doll...), and I'm in the middle of an AK build. I've been a member of Gunboards.com since 1999 - great bunch of folks, check it out if you like. Got a few air rifles also, even a couple of airsofts to scratch the full-auto itch without all the $$$ and NFA junk.

One other thing, about my handle. My initials are SOB, so naturally I'm DaSOB. Lots of folks, including me, would agree - I just get older, fatter, uglier and meaner every day! :)

Looking forward to some interesting conversations with y'all. I'll have questions, but at the same time I'll have advice from time to time, which I'll be happy to share.

Now, I need me another cup of coffee...

DaSOB

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2014
    Baton Rouge LA
    Thanks, all! Glad to make yer acquaintances!

One other thing - I have a ham radio license - KF5CJF. I'm not on much, but I do check in from time to time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom