New fairings for my CBR. Opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Repsol looks pretty swell. The green is pretty ugly, and Red Bull is a bit much.

Since I'll be parking this at school with a for sale sign on it, I want to get the attention of the new freshmen who think a bike will make them "cool". Maybe the Repsol's aren't "extreme" enough for them.........

Just thinking outside of the box.

-Dave

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    REDBULL all the way for a quick sale, Repsol would be more for a "sleeper" kind of bike nice enough to know its custom but not flashy enough to make people want to race you at every red light not sure I would go with the white color scheme though.

Stock Colors are ugly IMO regardless of the color scheme you go with its something that they can go to a dealership and buy with 0 miles.

If you want something that will catch peoples eyes and will make people want to JUMP on it go with a copper color the few rockets I have seen in that color are freaking SICK!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    the only time i want to post something on the side of my vehicle is if i had a real sponsor and i was actually competing. i say either go stock or go w/ the Repsol.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    These bikes were made to wear the race graphics. The current orange Repsol theme may be "played out" in your eyes but I bet it will sell. If you got a good deal on it I would replace the fairings with whatever you like and ride the wheels off of it. That is one of the best middleweight sport bikes made.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    These bikes were made to wear the race graphics. The current orange Repsol theme may be "played out" in your eyes but I bet it will sell. If you got a good deal on it I would replace the fairings with whatever you like and ride the wheels off of it. That is one of the best middleweight sport bikes made.

Very true. I have the '08 model before they made the lowers huge. It's an incredible bike. Put good tires on it and try a trackday or two at NPR. Next one is on August 1st. Also, what school are you parking it at?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'd love to try a trackday but getting the full kit is not cheap... maybe in a year or so. I don't skimp on gear, but I usually buy at substantial discount (Thanks newenough.com!)

I rode a 650R for a year, switched to a 06 GSXR 600 last month, getting a new set of Pilot Powers on this week, can't wait to feel what it will do with proper tires. It came with an ok Qualifier on the front and a horribly squared Shinko on the rear that was the wrong size. :confused:

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My full leathers for trackdays were less than $550 and work amazingly for me. Also, after I switched out the Bridgestones for Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs there was a huge difference. Any good tire will be better than the stock crap. Dunlop, Michelin, maybe even a properly worn and fitted Shinko. How do you like the GSXR compared to the CBR?

Top Bottom