New fairings for my CBR. Opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I bought an '09 CBR600RR from a buddy who drove it into a hurricane fence 45 minutes after he bought it NEW. Well, I'm tired of driving it around looking like a streetfighter - time to buy some new plastics.

I wanted to go back with stock graphics for the longest time, as I will be selling this immediately after completion, but I think something a bit "different" may help it sell quicker. Hell, if someone on here wants to buy it (seriously), just pick out what sort of graphics you want on it. It's got 14 miles on the odometer :D

I've always LOVED the Repsol fairings, but they've gotten to be so played out. Once I saw these, I immediately fell in love......

DPP_0001.jpg

Or, I can go back to the stock Black/Green that's *mostly* left on the bike. ........

2009_CBR600RR_BG-1.jpg

Any opinions??

-Dave

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I like the top one better. What color combo will ya be using?

Not sure. It currently has half of the factory green/black plastics left on the bike.

I was wanting to buy a set of plastics so I could get ready to sell it, but didn't want to get something that was SO unique that no one would want to buy it. Just wanted some opinions from the peanut gallery :D

-Dave

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    looks like it needs a fish finder to me ;)

Well damn NOLACOPUSMC......you sure have become PC all the sudden, :rolleyes:

Maybe I am just NOT a rice rocket fan of any sort!!! But since you asked for opinions......an anchor would be more appropriate than a fish finder!

:bowrofl:

Heres a MUCH better looking faring and much better looking paint scheme!

ebay54672.jpg

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    i like naked sport bikes, and love the Ducati StreetFighter. got any pictures of it w/o farings? and like the above posters, what's your asking price?

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    This was the day I bought it. I took the remains of the front air horn off.

photo-1.jpg

I've got a clear title, just haven't bothered registering it yet. Haven't had it more than a week or two. I probably won't be transferring the title until it's rideable - don't feel like paying insurance on something that I can't ride.

I was hoping to get $8,000 for it, depending on how much fixing everything will cost me. It also comes with a SWEET helmet and a "lightly used" Joe Rocket jacket. I also picked up a super nice Jardine exhaust that I may put on. Keep in mind, it will have a fresh set of plastics on it, and only 30-50 miles on it.

I'm still trying to figure out what's good and what needs to be replaced. I got it with a box full of teeny tiny parts, haha.

-Dave

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Well damn NOLACOPUSMC......you sure have become PC all the sudden, :rolleyes:

Maybe I am just NOT a rice rocket fan of any sort!!! But since you asked for opinions......an anchor would be more appropriate than a fish finder!

:bowrofl:

Heres a MUCH better looking faring and much better looking paint scheme!

ebay54672.jpg

Have you ridden any modern sport bikes?

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well hell yeah! What do you think my 02 Dyna Low Rider is? :bowrofl:

Ducati would be my choice if I went back to a CROTCH rocket for a 5th bike!

I said I didn't care for the RICE ROCKETS!! Not crotch rockets!

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Well hell yeah! What do you think my 02 Dyna Low Rider is? :bowrofl:

Ducati would be my choice if I went back to a CROTCH rocket for a 5th bike!

I said I didn't care for the RICE Burners!! Not crotch rockets!

Man, you're missing out. This thing is stupid fast - way quicker than a Duc'. 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, 0-100 under 7 seconds.

I'm looking to fund a Turbo MR2, so this thing has to go. Or I'll trade + cash for a Vette (I miss mine :()

I Love Grits

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If you're wantin to give it away I'll take it. I'm guessin your gonna spec the forks and all that? Doesn't seem to be too much damage from the pics, good luck with the rebuild!

Top Bottom